2 2

"Awe, lil Gilinsky's blushing..." said a voice behind us. I looked towards the voice to see...

DERRICK?!

'Who's Derrick?' you may be wondering. Well, Derrick is my ex boyfriend. I never told Jack about him when we were dating because Derrick didn't go to our school. We were long distancing, so Jack would have just told me to break up with him. But I loved him. Hence the word 'lovED'. We ended on pretty rough terms. We got into a huge argument, over God only knows what, and he ended things.

"Who are you?" Jack furrowed his eyebrows and stood up. I stood up after him and held his arm before I asked, "Derrick, what are you doing here...?"

"I live here, remember?" He said sarcastically. "Heard you were in town. I knew you were dating Jack here, so I followed the news. They've been snapping pictures of you guys all night. Oh-- and Jack? You know she's cheating on you with one of your best friends?"

"What the heck?! I'm not cheating on him!" I yell, remembering that I hugged Hayes outside of the bathroom. I put my forehead in my palm.

"Relax, babe, I know you're not cheating on me. I saw you hug Hayes."

I looked down at my feet and played with my hands.

"Listen Derrick, I still don't know exactly who you are, but I know you are not going to confront us and tell me lies about Y/N." Jack stand up for us.

"Jack--"

"STOP IT!" He looks over to me. I decide not to butt in anymore.

"He's no good for you Y/N..." Derrick says.

That broke it. "Jack is the best thing that has ever happened to me. If anyone is no good for me, it's you! So you can get your scrawny little butt out of our business! Leave us alone!" I yell. Derrick rolled his eyes and walked down the hill.

"Dang, babe..." Jack said, smiling into a kiss.

-

~~9:00 PM~~

We had just gotten to the hotel and it may have only been 9:00, but I was tired! Jack carried me out of the car and into the hotel bridal style. This time, Jack and I had our own room. everyone did. Jack and Madison had their own. Sammy, Taylor, Nash, Cam, Shawn, even Hayes...

We didn't have the meet and greet until Saturday, which was still two days away.

Whenever Jack and I got into our room, he laid me down on the bed. I took off my shoes and got into a large shirt and some athletic shorts and laid back down with Jack.

It was a pretty good night, but then there's a knock at the door. Jack gets up to answer it and Nash is standing there with worry in his eyes. He pushes past Jack and walks up to the side of the bed that I was laying on. "Nash, what's wrong? What happened?" I ask, getting worried.

"Is Hayes here? He's not with any of the guys and I thought he went with you guys to the bathroom and--" He was talking really fast, trying to explain what happened.

"Nash, Nash, Nash!" I say, trying to calm him down, "He's not here, but I'll help you look."

"Me too." Jack says, concerned for Nash. By now, you could see Nash's eyes watering. I pull him into a hug and he starts crying.

-

NASH'S POV

Hayes didn't come back to the hotel. I've checked everyone's hotel room and when I got to Y/N and Jack's I was on the verge of crying. I tried not to show it, but I don't have a clue where my brother is. I think that's a pretty good reason to cry. Y/N saw me trying to keep it together, I guess, and she pulled me into a hug. Do you ever just break whenever someone hugs you when your sad? I do. So I started bawling my eyes out.

-

Y/N'S POV

Hayes was gone. No one knew where he was. I told Nash I would help him look, and I tried. I started off by calling Hayes. After calling like six times, he finally answered. "Hayes! Where are you?!" I ask, annoyed at how long it took him to answer.

"At the beach."

"Still?!"

"Yeah. You guys just left me here!"

"Nash, he's at the beach still." Nash was still trying to keep tears in, "Okay, Hayes. We'll be there soon."

~~at the beach~~

"Hayes, where are you?" I ask, calling Hayes back.

"By the bathrooms."

"Where-- There you are!" I say, hanging up. Nash runs up to Hayes and hugs him, hard, and starts crying. Hayes just looks sort of freaked out. He looks at me with wide eyes. 

"Dude! Why didn't you leave with us?!" Nash asks, letting go of the hug.

"You left without me!"

"Yeah... sorry about that. I was worried SICK!" Nash says, looking over to Jack and I.

"Yeah! He was crying he was so wo--"

"You don't need to go into details!" Nash interrupts me. Putting his finger over my mouth and I just laughed.

~~the next morning~~

I woke up facing Jack, as he was still sleeping. I decided I was going to pull a prank on him, but I needed help. I went over to Nash and Hayes' hotel room. I jumped on Hayes' bed. "Get up, dork!! It's important!!"

"What do you want?!" He rubbed his eyes and I sat down.

"I need to prank Jack," I said, smiling wide, "I was planning on putting ice in his ear." Hayes looked at me with a confused look. "I saw it online."

And with that, we snuck into the hotel kitchen and stole a bag of ice.

When we got back into my room, Jack was still asleep. Good. I was honestly so excited, I was shaking.

We had a plan. We had the closet open so that Hayes could drop the ice cube and run into the closet. I was going to lay on the bed and pretend to sleep.

~~the prank~~

To Be Continued...