six

-

-

"What?" Jungkook blinked at me a few times, attempting to process the words that had just came out of me.

"I said, friends don't do this kind of stuff"
I smiled and patted the side of his face with my hand.

"Right." He tilted his head to the side and ruffled the back of his hair. "Um..I-I should go"

"Yea, you should" I nodded and watched him slip his shoes back on. "Jungkook" I called.

He sighed and turned around to me with an arched eyebrow.

"If we became more than just friends, I would have wanted this to last longer.." I grinned and bit my lip.

"God dammit tae.." jungkook groaned and stormed out of the room and slammed the door shut behind him.

"Well, I'm gonna take that as a no to dating.." I huffed.

-

The following morning...

"Taehyung! Get your ugly ass up! I know you can hear me!" Jimin's voice woke me up from my peaceful slumber. I shot up and tiredly got dressed.

"Taehyung!" He warned again. I opened the door for him and immediately returned to getting ready for today.

"Sorry I totally forgot about today" I apologized before sticking my toothbrush between my teeth.

"How do you forget? Today's the big day you idiot!" He hissed. "We've been working our asses off for this song, and I know we're gonna win"

I hummed and rinsed my mouth. "I hope so.."

As I finished combing my hair and tying my shoelaces, there was a soft knock at the door. Jimin turned to me with questionable eyes and I just shrugged. I wasn't expecting anyone

I shuffled over to the door and peeked through the peephole to see jungkook standing on the other side. I smirked and unlocked it and he smiled at me.

"Taehyung, I've been thinking about what you said..and I couldn't sleep last night because of it-"

"Kookie? Ah, what are you doing here?" Jimin crept out from behind me and ruffled his hair before latching arms with me.

"I..uh..nothing, I just came by to say hi" he laughed sheepishly, but I could see something in his eyes that I hadn't seen before. Pain.