ten

-

-

Jungkooks P.O.V.

I slumped back onto the bed and waited for taehyung to return from the bathroom. My eyes traveled around the room for something to do in the meantime. That's when I noticed the corner of a box sticking out from under his bed. I crouched down and stared at it, pondering if i should look inside it or not.

What if it's just extra clothes?

Or maybe it's money..

He's a college student after all..

But it's taehyung. What could he be hiding?

"Tae are you okay in there?" I asked, making sure he wasn't going to catch me in the act if I decided to.

"I-I'm..uh give me a second!" He mumbled.

I frowned at his response. Although I wanted to be a snoopy-teenager, I was still worried about him. Why was he taking so long?

I sighed and fixed my attention back on the box. I pulled it out from under the bed and ran my fingers along the taped up lid.

'For TaeTae only!'

I smirked at the irony. Guilt began to overwhelm my thoughts but I continued. My fingernails lightly picked at the ridged ends of tape. The lid peeked open, giving a preview of light pink tissue paper. I perked my head up, looking around to make sure no one was watching before I proceeded to my crime.

After removing the lid completely, I let my hands unfold the tissue paper.

My body went numb, my heart beat dropped, and everything hurt. It was him.
Him and my Taehyung. I lifted one of the many pictures inside the box and stared at it blankly. They looked happy; taehyung smiling as he pecked his ex's cheek.
I felt myself tightening my fists, so I dropped the picture.

Why does he still have these?

Does he still have feelings for him?

Am I not good enough?

I tugged at my hair and looked back into the box. There were pieces of memories of them. From pictures to movie tickets and little knickknacks. A bundle of papers caught my eye, leading me to pick it up and further inspect them.

They were apology letters.

My blood boiled as I read them,

To my lovely TaeTae,

Please understand that I wasn't in the right mindset baby. I was drunk and I would NEVER say or do anything like that again. I regret it all, even if I don't remember it.
I'm sorry.
Please forgive me TaeTae, I love you..
∞love, Junhui

I scoffed and read more,

To my lovely TaeTae,
I know you're still mad. And that's why I'm inviting you to meet me at the Han River tonight at 7. If you come, I'll explain everything. Please go, I promise I won't hurt you and I will never treat you like I did before. It was an accident baby..

∞Junhui

-

To Taehyung,
Talk to me already
I'm lonely without you, I need you Tae.
Please don't be like this
At least let me hear that beautiful voice of yours. I love you taehyung...

∞Junhui

-

To Taehyung,
I saw that girl you were talking to earlier...
Are you two dating? She's pretty.
Have you told her you're still dating someone though? She won't like you after that.

You still belong to me Taehyung, and you always will.

∞Junhui

-

To you,
Stop acting like you don't know me when you're around your friends. Tell them where you got those bruises from, I'll be waiting for them to come beat my ass just like you told me. They care about you right? Or are they just friends with you out of pity? Im giving you one more chance to return to me Tae. If not, I'll continue to force you.

~Junhui.

-

Taehyung,
You said hello to me yesterday, that's good.
But I want more tae. I want you.
Come to my dorm again like you used to, I'll make it up to you. I promise.
I love you taehyung

~Junhui.

I crumbled up the last note and threw it across the room, just as I heard the pitter-patter of feet nearing me.

"Jungkook?" He spoke softly and I whipped my head around.

"Taehyung, what the hell is this, huh?" I shoved the box toward him as my vision became bleary.

"You went through my stuff?!" He scolded and threw everything back into the box furiously.

"I was just trying to see what the hell was in that box, but now I understand everything!" I snapped and forced back my tears.

"What do you mean? I didn't tell you to look through my shit!" He shouted back, stuffing the box back under the bed.

"You still love him Taehyung! Y-You do! Don't lie to me!" I cried, lowering my head.

He stayed silent and sighed after a few minutes. "No Jungkook. I don't. You don't understand"

"THEN HELP ME UNDERSTAND! BECAUSE FROM WHAT I CAN SEE, YOU STILL CARE ABOUT THAT ASSHOLE AFTER EVERYTHING HE DID TO YOU!" I blubbered and sat down on the edge of the bed.

"Jungkook, I don't! Just...l-listen!" He sniffed and wiped away my tears.

"What" I answered in annoyance.

"He...H-He abuses me if I don't talk to him..he always does." He softly sobbed.

---