twelve

-

-

"Taehyung was kind enough to wait for us at the train station, just so he could lead us to your brothers dorm. He wouldn't have had to if you woke up earlier!" She scolded. "These boys are busy with their exams and classes, Kook. How could you be so selfish?"

I lowered my head and bowed slightly. "Sorry mother, I'm very selfish.. sorry Taehyung."

I heard a faint snicker from Taehyung but I decided to ignore it, not wanting to upset my mother any more than she was now.

"Consider yourself grounded mister." Her stiletto cladded feet tapped against the pavement. "Phone. Hand it over." Her palm extended out to me, requesting for the object impatiently.

Jin chuckled and nudged my arm, snapping me out of my anger. I stuffed my hand into my pocket, retrieving my phone and forcing it into her grasp.

"Now, let's go home and get things set up." She ordered before prancing toward a parked taxi.

I sighed and walked passed Taehyung, only to be yanked back by the wrist. He chewed his lip as he stared at mine hungrily.

"No kiss goodbye?" He questioned.

"My mom is right there..." I blushed.

"So?" He frowned and stepped closer to me. "She can watch."

"No, she's..she–"

"Kook, say goodbye to your friend and hurry up! Your father has a business offer to attend to!" She shouted from the car.

"She doesn't know we're dating yet.." I whispered

"Then let's show her that we are." He smiled.

"No Tae, she might not take it well.."

"She's homophobic, isn't she?" He frowned and fiddled with the string of my jacket.

I sighed and looked down at the ground.

"She asked if I was 'still gay' at the station..." He mumbled.

"And?" My brows knitted together in confusion.

"I said yes. She wasn't...upset..but disappointed. Look, if you really think she won't accept you for who you are...then..how can we hide this?" Taehyung's voice was no longer sweet sounding, it was low and agitated.

"Hide what?" I asked obliviously.

"Us." He released his grip on my wrist and began to walk away. "Go home jungkook, we'll talk some other time.."