5

I wake up the next morning, rolling across my bed—eyes still shut—in search of my phone. Once I find it, I squint, slowly adjusting before lighting up the screen. I see a text message from Ryan and another from a random number in my area code. I open Ryan's first, seeing: Asshole. You took my pizza.

I chuckle and reply: You sleep you weep. Before opening the next one. The random number's text simply says: Hey, Sleepy. It's Kellin. I smile and reply back: Hey, Celebrity with a smirking emoji.

I roll from bed, trudging into the bathroom for my usual routine. I actually feel like a sloth I move so damn slowly. I guess I'm just not a morning person.

I wander down the hall, heading to the living room to see if there's any mess I'd need to help clean up. As soon as I step into the space, I freeze. Kellin's stretched out across the couch, his arm bent and touching the back cushions, his head resting peacefully against his bicep. He has a thin blanket thrown over him, and I instantly feel bad. I didn't know he was sleeping over. If I had I'd've offered my bed and taken the couch myself.

I rush off to my room, grabbing a warmer blanket and carefully draping it across his small frame. I then turn to the kitchen, making coffee for myself. I pull out a second mug, filling it with water since I don't yet know what drinks Kellin likes. I tiptoe back into the living room, trying to quietly set down the mug. But being the stupid, clumsy idiot that I am it slips from my fingers and makes a loud CLUNK as it hits the table, making Kellin shoot forward in alarm.

"Sorry," I whisper. He rubs his eyes, squinting and looking confused. "Um...here's some water." I try to back out of the room and escape this situation, but he speaks, stopping me.

"Where did this blanket come from?" he asks, rubbing the soft material.

"Oh, uh, my room," I tell him. His eyebrows raise and he turns to me, glancing at my chest before smiling. I totally didn't forget I was shirtless, but if anyone asks then tell them I did.

"Thank you," he tells me, turning so his feet hit the floor. "I hope it's okay that stayed. I just didn't have my car and it was late..."

"No worries. You're welcome here whenever you want," I tell him. "I just wish you'd told me, I would've taken the couch."

"Stop it," he tells me, smiling. "I would never let you do that." I roll my eyes, but kind of like the fact that we're both overly polite. Turns out we have quite a lot in common. He's full of surprises, that's for sure.

"Well, let me know when you want a ride," I tell him, backing towards the door.

"You don't have to-"

"Shut up," I tell him, rolling my eyes and laughing as I go back into the kitchen. I grab my mug that's now full and add some milk before sipping it. In Kellin walks, wearing just a black t-shirt and blue briefs. I'm not gonna lie, I checked out his ass as he refilled his mug. And I didn't even mentally slap myself.

"Hey," he says to me, smiling and pushing himself onto the counter.

"Hey back," I say with a grin. We look at each other silently for a moment, and I'm dazzled by the amusement in his eyes.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I ask him.

"I'm not looking at you like anything. You're the one always looking at me like something." Wait...he pays attention to that?

"What does that even mean?" I ask with a chuckle.

"You know," he accuses, holding the mug at his mouth. I just laugh and shake my head at him. But he's not wrong. I do know. I look at him like I dig him. He just can't know that.