9

Days past in the hospital until (y/n) was allowed to walk around. She still wasn't healed enough to leave the sterile, death reeking place. The stab wounds had her in critical condition for two days. It will be a while before she was good to go.

Brian took refuge in a motel near the hospital. It wasn't that cheap. Yet (y/n) had him take it and let her pay for it, even though the hospital bill would probably turn her bankrupt. It wasn't like she had to pay it though.

Brian stayed with the woman day end and day out, worried for her condition and praying she heals with no complication. He even requested that she not walk around unless necessary without him.

Right now, (Y/n) and Brian were in the cafeteria, nibbling off not too horrible hospital food, wishing they had something better. (Y/n) so desperately wanted something with spice and seasoning, get with her stab wound having grazed her stomach and the dirt on the knife nearly causing am infection, she had to be careful with what she ate. So mostly liquids and soft, plain food for her. The most she could have was salt and pepper and not even much of that.

The two spent a good thirty minutes in the area, talking away about trivial things. Apparently, Brian loved acting and photography. He even loved helping others, at least he did before all this happened to him. (Y/n) mostly just let him ramble on. He talked about saving hurt pets when young, having a garden every year since twelve, and how he planned to either be an actor or nurse. She found a strange love in listening to him ramble on as if they were normal people again. As if they were friends in different circumstances.

Brian helped (y/n) walk back to the room, the woman still highly weak and easily light headed but too stubborn and hard headed to use a walker. "They make me feel old," She'd whine when being told to use one.

As they walked back in the room, they were met with a large surprise.

There was Tim Wright, the man who caused (y/n) (L/n) to be here. He sat in the chair Brian usually sat in, looking over at them as they walked through the door. He looked scared, then happy as he saw (y/n).

"(Y/n)!" He jumped up, quickly starting towards her. Then, Brian kept him back. "Stay the fuck away from her." Even the man he has been with for two years now didn't understand his so to speak black outs.

"Tim... Why are you here?" A soft genuine voice spoke up. She looked like she was close to sobbing out, tears swelling up in her dimmed eyes that showed heartbreak and confusion. "I was worried and woke up here... So I decided to check... And yeah," was his answer.

"Get out."

"What?" Tim was confused, looking at the woman. That was when he noticed the affect the attack had on her. She was paler, eyes dimmer with worse dark circles, and she was even a bit thinner, obviously frail and weak. He knew he caused this. He hated it too.

(Y/n) could barely even stand to see Tim here. "Get. Out." She repeated herself, louder and stern, clear with her words.

Tim couldn't blame her. "Can I please just explain what happened?" What could he explain? He didn't even know what happened himself.

She shook her head no. "Get the fuck out now before I call someone, Tim!" She glared daggers at him. Even while acting pissed and stern, she was so close to breaking down into sobs. He merely just nodded as Brian and (y/n) moved to let him pass.

As soon as he was gone, (y/n) tried to keep her cool, but just couldn't. The tears fell, soon pouring like a waterfall. It hurt. Physically, it hurt. Mentally, it hurt.

Brian looked at her sadly, helping her get to the bed and sit down, sitting in front of her on the stiff thing. "Why... Why is this the shitty life I get put with?" She sobbed. She felt sorry for herself, for Tim, for Brian, for anyone else dealing with it. She knew the self pity wouldn't help, nor the pity to others, but at this point, she didn't care, not a bit.

She would let herself feel anything because she was left too weak.

Brian, he didn't feel sorry for anyone. He worried about the woman in front of her, having grown close to her himself over these months of being with her. He wasn't as close with her as she was with Tim. He could hardly imagine her feelings.

He didn't want her to hurt, of course not, yet he saw no point in trying to convince her not to now. She was going to no matter what. It was crucial to her healing. But damn did it hurt him to see her like this.

He was finally feeling things towards another person again. It was odd to him.

"That's life... It screws you over, cheats you of a good deal," Brian quietly spoke, softly petting (y/n)'s hair as she moved to hug him tightly. He was her only comfort.

She cried on and on for a while before tiring herself out like a little child having a tantrum. Brian helped her change before a nurse came in and asked Brian to leave before changing her bandages. Once done, he could come back in.

Brian wished her a good sleep, telling her soft confirmations until she was asleep to help keep her calm. She's been scared shitless of sleep, afraid she'd get a nightmare and somehow mess up her damaged self even worse.

Brian left the girl to sleep at the hospital before going to his hotel room. He almost swore he saw Tim still lurking around the hospital on his way out of there.

Life definitely screws people over. Anyone and everyone, all in some sort of way.