30

(Y/n) woke to a pounding headache, a hangover, and a drowsily half awake Tim playing with her hair gently. She peered up to see him looking at her with a soft smile on his face, eyes filled with a look of sweet love. Maybe the look caught her off guard some.

She raised her head off his chest, smiling at him. "Mm, Morning, Timmy," She spoke with sleep still in her voice and with a gentle tone. The air held such a soft and fragile feel, she didn't want to break it. Tim's smile grew just a small bit more as he couldn't help but chuckle some.

"It's four in the afternoon, love," he corrected her in a teasing tone. She sighed, shaking her head and then stick her tongue out at him. She sat up, sitting on his hips. Looking around, she saw Brian at the desk working on something, and she believes she sees some of a map on the other side of him.

"Ugh, I'm hungover," (y/n) mumbled in distaste as she tried to fix up her hair some to keep it from tangling. Tim let out a soft chuckle.

"I think we all are."

She huffed and laid down beside Tim, curling up to him. "What's gonna be our plan from here?" She softly asked, feeling him shrug.

"Hopefully just relax for today, then of course find someplace different," he mumbled, stretching his legs with a small yawn, wrapping an arm around the smaller woman. Things have been calm for a while now. They enjoyed it, but they were scared of when it would end.

The rest of day was spent relaxing and planning. They decided since it was already late in the day and they all had ranging effects of a hangover that staying another night and leaving the next day would be better. Really, there was no debate over it.

The second (y/n) suggested it, the boys didn't miss a beat to agree.

Relaxing is nice, especially when you feel like shit.

(Y/n) was exhausted for a long time, yet she couldn't seem to sleep or rest any. At around three a.m., it was way too hot for her in the hotel room, even with the A.C. on and only a tank top and shorts on. Sluggishly, she pulled away from the soft bed and went outside, letting out a sigh when the cool night air hit her. Maybe she was getting sick, she thought. Oh, would that suck now.

She leaned over the railing, looking down to the ground, a story up. The hotel wasn't very popular, much like many the trio went to. It was what they preferred. Isolation.

At least that's what they preferred when living a life on the run like this. If not for that, (y/n) would rather go to a place more popular, meet people, make friends and find dates. It's hard to be a social person in this life. You never want others to deal with the same as you, living on the run in fear of losing your life.

Maybe that's why Tim is always upset thinking about when he and (y/n) met. She's noticed the looks he's had when it gets brought up. That small part of town in Alabama, her old home, that simple life. He must feel like he dragged her into this.

(Y/n), she knew that wasn't not the case at all. Tim didn't bring this to her. It was already coming for her, she realized.

A childhood riddled with holes and splotches. Memories of getting lost in the woods and commonly forgetting who her parents were. Dreams that resemble her nightmares now.

She never knew all the signs until now. What she thought was nothing is now important, the reasons why she is wrapped up in all of this.

That thing already wanted her. Yet she chose a different side than it wanted.

It was like Sarah, a girl taken by it. (Y/n) was supposed to be like Sarah, she supposed. There was never any malice until she started to reject the creature.

Now her fate is sealed to be hunted. It wants her gone, and it wants the men who challenged it gone. Just for fun.

They already knew it was either kill it or eventually die to it.

(Y/n) felt it had to be more severe than just that. It had to be so much more than just that. She was determined to figure out the gaps, if just for her sake, and to definitely kill that fucking monster.

(Y/n) was dazed in thought when a loud crack brought her back to reality. It was dark, the street lamps not even providing much light. Yet, it was still noticable that they were flickering farther away from the hotel. She couldn't see anything, but she knew better.

She went back into their hotel room, making sure to keep tabs on her gun. She tried to rest, but she wasn't sure how much rest she'd really be able to get. Not in this life.