e i g h t

s e r a f i n a

Marcus marches into the lobby with heavy steps, Emma is sleeping on his back and is going to fall if Marcus doesn't slow his steps. Although it's very very early in the morning, he has this sudden wave of energy that he could probably tear down the Great Wall of China all in one go. That's how energetic he is, and it's coming from the panic he's experiencing.

Isla had managed to sneak out of her house and went out to the hospital as well, making Martinus sigh of relief once he saw a familiar face waiting for him. But it doesn't take much of a genius to notice that Isla is a little off.

Isla who would usually engulf Martinus in a hug once they meet now doesn't even look at his face and instead stares at the ground, kicking an invisible rock anxiously. Martinus brushes it off though, she's probably really sleepy and would probably rather sleep in her cozy little bed back home.

"Hi, how is she?" Gerd-Anne greets Tony and Maria.

"Okay, for now," Maria answers with a small smile, "she's recovering."

"Come on, sit down," Tony gestures at the seats next to him, "you guys must be exhausted, an almost twenty four hour flight plus five hour train ride!"

"Anything for Sera," Marcus sighs, crouching down to let Emma sit on the seats. Martinus agrees along with him, Isla still looking down at her feet.

"Has the rest of the production team visited?" Kjell-Erik asks. Tony nods and the parents somehow immersed themselves in adult-talk. We don't know how, what we all know is that in situations like this, you could start with the kids and the parents at the same page but somehow, in the middle of it all, the parents all disappear and you find them drowned in their own conversation.

This is one of those moments.

There's an awkward silence wrapping around the twins, Isla and the sleeping Emma. None of them dares to say a word, they know right now is a serious situation.

Marcus' head is hanging low in exhaustion, flinching every now and then because of the sleepiness that has now overcome him. Martinus is trying to start up a conversation with Isla, but she keeps her head down, ashamed. Martinus doesn't know yet, and she's scared.

What will Martinus do if he ever finds out that she had everything to do with this? This wasn't supposed to end up like this - why did it?

Her intention was pure, how did her feelings take over herself and let all these happen?

Jealousy is stronger than what people think. People underestimate that feeling a little too often. It's the major source of heartbreaks and sometimes even, new relationships. Jealousy isn't healthy, it means you're too scared, too chicken, you don't trust. Jealousy kills. It's stronger than love sometimes. Jealousy overdrives you too much to care about other people most of the time, causing things that aren't meant to happen, happen.

Such as right now.

The clock keeps ticking, time doesn't stop. Isla wishes she could find the world's pause button somewhere and rewind everything. The world's pause button is a myth - it's not real. She's stuck in reality.

Five o'clock quickly catches up, the first rays of the morning sun creeping up the hospital floors. Marcus, Martinus, Isla, and Emma are passed out on the waiting room chairs. Visiting hours don't start until ten, yet they feel the need to stay here.

Kjell-Erik and Gerd-Anne are wide awake, staring at their children who are undoubtedly tired yet amazed how they'll stay this long for their friend. They've yet to be settled in their hotel room - which Tony has thankfully booked earlier in the morning - in fact their bags are still lying on the hospital floor almost forgotten. If it wasn't for Gerd-Anne who noticed they haven't showered since the day before, they could be left at the hospital for all they know.