CHAPTER XXXVI

As "Whisper of the Heart" is nearing its end, i do hope you'll all stay until the last chapter. Thankee always. Everyone. 😘

Don't miss the last chapters!  Ang huling tatlong linggo! 😂

• • •

Maymay heard a car stopping infront of the house. She peeks through the window. Marco.

"Sino yun, yung sumusundo sayo dati?"

It's Dan, and he too, peeks through the window.

"Ah, hindi. Iba yan. Kaibigan ko lang yan,  si Marco. Dyan ka muna saglit ah, pagbuksan ko lang ng gate." Maymay headed for the door.

"Ah, no! Alis na rin ako." he picked his helmet and prepared to leave.

"Sure ka? Halos kakarating mo lang ah."

"Oo, next time na lang siguro."

Mayway shrugged her shoulders.  "Kaw bahala. " She went out first, followed by Dan.

Marco's face distorted upon seeing Dan.

"Oh,  anong ginagawa mo dito? Tuesday palang ah. Di ka pumasok?" Maymay opened the gate.

"Grabe ka naman. Anong akala mo sakin,  rich kid?" Marco said, throwing Dan cirious glances. "Alas sais na no?! Maaga lang akong umalis sa trabaho. MagCHECHECK lang kung may UMAALIGID. May nagpapabakod kase eh."

"Ha? Ano?"

Dan cleared his throat.

".. Ay este, chineck ko lang ung bakod nyo kung ok." Marco shakes the fence. "Mukhang MATIBAY naman pala."

"Buang! Puro ka biro. Si Dan nga pala,  workmate ko. Dan,  si Marco, friend ko."

"Nice meeting you,  pare." Dan said, offering his right hand for a shake.

"Marco is the name. Chef sa umaga, bouncer sa gabi."

Maymay tried so hard not to laugh.

The two guys shake hands. Dan still walks a few yards to his parked motorcycle. Maymay waved her hand goodbye to him.

"Ingat ka sa pagmotor! Salamat ulit!"
They waited until Dan was out of sight before they went back inside the house.

"Sino yun? Manliligaw mo? Bastedin mo na agad-agad. At paktay ako sa boss. Aalsan ako nun ng trabaho."

Maymay laughs. She knew Marco's pertaining to Edward. But Dan's not courting her. She wasn't able to come to work because she attended a meeting at Inah's school. She left her flash drive in the studio containing her workjob, and Dan had been so kind to get it for her. He lives in the adjacent town.

She doesn't know. But she never entertained suitors eversince she and Edward separate ways. He has that special place in her heart no one can ever replace. If it's not Edward, she'd rather stay single. But then she thought, still, it CAN'T BE Edward.

Then maybe she'd stay single for the rest of her life.

She felt sad at the thought of it. Loving someone from a distance? For the rest of her life?

"Puro ka biro. Halika sa loob, ano ba ang gusto mong inumin?"

"Kahit ano, basta malamig. Pampalamig ng ulo".

"Kuya Marco!" Its Inah. Her head excitedly appeared in the small opening that leads to the attic. Jeff's face appeared later, all smile, and the two faces  crowded the small rectangular frame.