CHAPTER XLI

He's sweating. He knew he's more than prepared, but his forehead is currently budding cold sweats. He tried to keep his hands still by putting them inside his pockets.

All eyes on him, all 23 members of the board, including the chairman, his father. He just finished his presentation, and has opened the table for questions.

He has been answering questions in the best way he can, and fortunately, he could see positive responses on their faces.

He looks at his father's eyes. Arms akimbo.

But currently, he couldn't read any emotions. His knitted brows suggest he's just waiting for him to answer Luke's question.

He took a deep breath.

Luke seemed impressed. He can judge by the way his expressions changes all through out the presentation.

So Luke's question, isn't to grill him. But an honest question that basically speaks in behalf of the rest, for their head nods in silent agreement.

He'd be asking that question too, if he were Luke. And that is why he is very well prepared for it.

He walks back near the table and get the pile of papers.

"These." He looks at everyone in the room. "Are signed contracts, of big investors who invested in this project."

That created a stir in the room. He nods at Cha, who at his signal, distributed the identical copies of what Edward is holding

Everyone perused the papers interestingly. But those were real names. Real people. However they try to look at it, he can't fake it. His strategy was, have the big investors get into the project first. Their being there will attract the rest. But the question is, how was Edward able to get a hold of these investors?

That they wouldn't have guessed.

For Edward, it was betting the farm. It is all or nothing. If he couldn't make it. He'll lose everything.

He put his equity shares at STAKE.

"15 all in all. The project was able to get 15 investors in just a span of one week. What more if given more time, and that depends on each and everyone of you. If you believe this project will pull through, then MAKE it happen."

He stared at his father. He stared too long. And too hard.

Then he saw him slowly raised his hands into slow claps.

Then he felt relief when one or two follow. Then the room soon became full of applause that when he looks back at Cha, his ever loyal secretary, she's already wiping tears from her eyes.

He fight his own tears from coming.

He thought of Maymay.

I did it, May! Just one more step away.

The yearly stockholders meeting is to be held on May. Names of the nominees for the next CEO have been laid. Him and Luke leading the list.

If he created an exceptional impression on the board, which represents more than 25% of the major stockholders of EJB Corporation, he can make it. He has done his part. All he needs to do is wait.

When he looks back at his father, he is already smiling at him.

He felt the longing for a father. Not just an approval from a CEO. But when he saw that smile. He swear could feel the lump forming in his throat.