CHAPTER XLIII

Just a few more pages left. Excuse the loopholes. Especially on the business thing. I'm an artist not a business woman anyway. 😌😂

•     •     •

Tomorrow. All ends or starts tomorrow.

His equity shares were gone. (Well, not all gone. He reserved a small number of stocks in case everything goes wrong). He already bartered it.

He bartered it to attract main investors in his project he presented to the board last week, for the purpose of gaining the favors of the board of directors, which represents the majority of the stockholders. Getting their trust, and their ability to influence the other minor stockholders, that's his only ace. Other than that, he has none.

Though it's merely a gamble. Luke's credibility isn't easy to beat.

With his stocks almost gone, his vote for himself will not even signify.

If everything does not work his way, that meant, he'll have nothing. He wont be the CEO. And he wont be a board director either.

And he'll be left with just a few stocks.

Edward found himself in a tangled web it was even difficult for him to understand for whom he is even doing this for. At first he just thought of fighting for Maymay. Then now a part of him wanted to do this for his father.

Two birds in one stone. That is.

Before he left his office, giving it one last look his eyes particularly lingers at the violets that ornaments the side of the window. A smile appeared on his lips. In everywhere he goes, there's always a touch of Maymay.

He closed the door. And went to the parking lot. He needs to go to Maymay.

He felt particularly nostalgic tonight. And his mind went back to the very first time he saw Maymay, on that particular day. Him, having his coffee in a cafe, and Maymay walking down that street. Something in her face that day, that drew him, so when he saw her thrown in the ground, without thinking twice, he went out to her and picked her up in his arms. And the rest is history.

Who would have thought their story would start in that extraordinary way?

He has closed the doors of his heart lest he'll hurt someone again. But Maymay came, and she has blown his doors into pieces, beautifully.

When he pulled over in front of Maymay's house, he sighed deeply. He waited at the gate. Then the front door opens, and she comes out.

"Gabi na ah." She's in those oversized shirt again. She opened the gate, lets him in.

Yeah. It's past 10pm. And in fact, this past three weeks, Edward has not had enough rest and sleep. He's tired and weary with all the emotional and mental struggles he'd been combatting. Stresslines are visible under his eyes.

"I had to see you."

Then Maymay looks at him, and met his gaze. She's clueless of what Edward is going through at the moment, but she read something in his eyes.

"Bakit, Edward?"

"Wala lang. Gusto lang kitang makita."

She smiled and turns her back at him, and headed to the door.

"Tara sa loob."

Edward stared at her back. And with all the emotions that crowding his heavy heart, she embraces Maymay from behind.