CHAPTER XXIX

When Edward woke up the next day, his head was throbbing. And what's more, he's already late for work.

He stumbled upon the empty cans on the floor. What a mess.

He felt weak. He called Cha, and informed her he couldn't come to the office day. He said, he isn't feeling well.

Partly true.

He took a short shower, and changed to comfortable clothes. Then he cook his own breakfast. He wont go out today. He even turned off his phone. He badly needed a break. A break from everything.

A swim at the pool. Watch a movie or two. Drink a beer. And. Sleep in between. He had had no sound sleep this past few days. He better make it up for himself today. Just today.

It was already evening. While sitting at the sofa, doing nothing, he remembers her name. Marco said her name is Marydale Entrata.

Marydale Entrata.

Why not have her name traced? Im sure Marco wouldn't mind. Well,  he would if he knew, but of course Im NOT going to tell him.

He turned on his phone. He can let Cha handle this.

But the moment the phone switched on, messages surge in.

And mostly from Gwen.

Lets talk.
Edward?
So you're ignoring me now?
Edward?
Answer your phone.
Get back to me when you get this message.

The messages were sent an hour ago.

He dialed her number.

"At last, Mr. Right, you finally got my messages. Im flattered. "

And she sounds drunk.

"Im sorry,  Gwen. I turned off my phone the whole day. What is it you wanna talk about? Where are you?"

He could hear the loud music from the background. It seems she's in a bar.
She told him the place. And Edward did not waste a minute.

Soon he was parking his car at the front of the resto-bar. There was a live band on the stage. Acoustic. The room was dimly lit.

He saw her immediately as he entered, at the counter, talking bubbly with the bartender. She really looks drunk, her arms flailing wildly. Too drunk to even driver herself home. The bartender even had to put things away, or else they will smash on the floor.

Edward shook his head.

"Gwen."

Her face looked flushed when she looks at him. Her eyes half close, eyelids heavy.

"Ay, mr. Bartender. Here's mah sundo, the one I'm talking about. Zey hi to him please mr bhar-tender. You know, he is the most sought-after bachelor in town, don't cha know? Hihi. " She shoved his hand when he tried to hold her. "And would you believe it? Mr.  Bhaaaaar tenduh?  I'm her friend! Diba ahm so fortunate to a friend of this handsome guy? Right Mr.  Baaarrtenduh?"

"Come Gwen. That's enough." He puts her right arm over his shoulder, holds her waist and pulls her up to stand.

"He's the mr. Perfect im bragging you about. You zeee? He's zuch a gentleman."

He forgot to pay the bill. He pulled his wallet out while trying to keep the both of them balanced.

"Keep the change."

People were staring at them for they both keep swaying. It seemed to him Gwen's weight doubled. It was a relief for Edward when they finally reached the car.