EPILOGUE

In memory of my cat, momo.

Mayward was my inspiration to write this story, but you dear readers are my inspiration to finish writing it until the very last chapter. Hence, it is my first ever finished novel.

To all mayward and non-mayward fans who took the time to read this humble work of mine from start to finish, thank you. This one's for you.
Share your thoughts and tag me at twitter @MissArtsyMe

• • •

Edward stands in front of the small house. His face bright. A tender smile is plastered on his lips. He looks dreamily at the gate, it has a flowery arch that homes to two-colored flower vines. The wooden gate, on which the vine has started to climb upon too, opens to a garden.

A much bigger garden. His favorite is the yellow flower weed that took over the lawn. And of course the African violets that occupies the whole perimeter.

The small house that stands in the middle resembles that of Maymay's, if you, dear readers still remember, only a slightly bigger version. The house is made of wood, whitewashed, and a veranda extends infront of the house too. There, are two single wooden chair on it facing the garden, and a small round coffee table in between them with some books shelved under it.

Edward sighs as his eyes surveyed the whole area.

This.

This is what you call HOME. Something that makes your heart flutter just at the sight of it. Something you would look forward going home to after each long and tiring day. He will not trade it for the world.

Momo, the siamese cat jump off the veranda when he saw Edward, purring as it curls on his legs.

Edward picks the cat, and brushes its face with his hand.

He always dreamt of this. But he never thought it will finally be realized. And now, as he looks at everything, it felt surreal. His heart overflows with happiness. It is like a daydream.

The front door opens, and a woman came out, in her apron. Her hair in a messy bun, with some strands already loose. Her tender eyes glint when their eyes met. He gasped. She always has that effect on him. Tenderly making his heart ache with overflowing happiness.

She stayed there, leaning at the door post, her hands akimbo, smiling at him as he approaches.

Do you even know dear readers, how Edward feels at the moment? He always have felt like he's living in a dream, that one he pictured out in his mind more than five years ago, when he first saw her in her apron, behind that little counter, making dinner. That was the very first time it ever dawned on him, that he was looking then at his future wife.

And now he is looking at the love of his life, now his wife, that one sunny afternoon.

"Ang aga mong umuwi, mahal."

He did not became the CEO. Luke did. And he knew Luke deserves it more than anyone. More than him. He knew it from the very start.

And he believed his father when he said that the company will be in good hands. So it does.

"Bakit ayaw mo ba?" He puts momo down on the floor. He's currently writing a book and Edward just had an afternoon stroll, by the lake, for inspiration.

Maymay resigned. But still paints from time to time.

Maymay rolls her eyes.

She stepped closer to Edward, puts her arms around his neck. And gives him a quick kiss on the lips. And Edward, puts his hands to their rightful place, to the shape of her back.