Chapter 43: Little Runaway part 5

JB's P.O.V
I took a deep breath and dialled the number using the phone in the trailer.
"Hello?"
"Hello mom"
"Jellybean! How are you? Are you ok? Your father better be feeding you and looking after you and...."
"What happened between you and Jughead mom?"

"What?"
"Every time me or Dad mention you Jughead tenses up and I want to know what happened."
"Well he did call and ask if he could come visit a while ago and I said no"
"What? Why??"
"Because it was too soon, we had just got adjusted and.."
"And what? Mom, what why you so afraid of having my sad and broken brother and your son by the way come and visit?"
"He wasn't sad"

"He was and you would know that if you spent more then 5 minutes on the phone with Dad, he's been sad a lot of times though out his life, he pushes people away and the one time that he reached out to someone you cut him off."
"Its complicated"
"Well come to riverdale and make it uncomplicated." I slammed the phone down and started to walk away but there was Dad in the hallway.

"You herd that?"
"I did, go up to go to the bathroom then I herd."
"I..."
"Hey you don't have to explain there's a lot of things your mom hid from you. She did it out of love and while we disagree on a lot of things we can agree on one thing: we both love you, you and your brother."
"I just wish she would show that to you and to Jug."

"I know but this isn't helping there's already been enough arguing in this family. Give her some space maybe some of what you said will sink in but until then just enjoy the time you have with us." I nodded then hugged him
"I love you Dad"
"I love you too Jellybean"
"It's JB"
"No it's not" I smiled and broke the hug
"I'm going back to bed now"
"Good idea, you have homework to do tomorrow."

"But Dad"
"No buts all right one of the deals for staying was getting your work done and you know that." I nodded
"Will you and Jughead help me if I need it?" Dad smiled
"Of course we will" with that I headed off to bed and fell asleep with hopes of our family conning together soon.

FPs P.O.V
After JB went back to bed I sighed so strong at such a young age. Any further thoughts were interrupted by the phone. I picked it up curious at who would be calling us at 2am.

"Hello?"
"Is Jughead ok?"
"Gladys?"
"Is he ok FP?"
"No he's not, he hasn't been for a while but he's better"
"Jellybean is right, Jughead called asking to come and visit and I completely shut him out."
"You didn't know"
"No but I should have, I should have herd about what's been happening in Riverdale, I should have called him on his birthday even though he hates it, I should have wished you both a merry Christmas, I should have read Jellybean to bed when she was younger I should have..." I could tell she was on the verge of tears.

"Gladys you saw a bad situation and you got yourself out."
"But now everyone is gone, my family left me."
"Hey no one is stopping you from coming back."
"Jughead probably hates me and Jellybean would never leave those two are probably more inseparable now more then ever."
"Yeah they have gotten pretty close and Jughead doesn't hate you, he misses you. Come out for a weekend, If you don't like it at any point you can leave." There was silence until Gladys finally spoke up.
"All right"
"Really?"
"Yes I'm booking my ticket the minute we hang up I'll see you soon FP." She hung up the phone leaving me in disbelief, wouldn't be the first time and it probably won't be the last, I went back to bed shaking my head.