Chapter 44: Stuck part 1

Betty's P.O.V
I sighed while typing away, 6 months, 6 months I've been back home. It was supposed to be temporary, 1 maybe 2 months 3 tops but no. Mom even suggested I start working at the Register while I'm here. I dreamed of writing for the New York Times but instead I'm here writing for the Riverdale Register.

After I finished for the day I closed up the store and started walking down the street on my way home. That is until I felt something eerie, being in Riverdale can do that to someone if you know the history but I just had a feeling I wasn't alone. I ran into the nearest store and peaked out the window. I gasped and shook my head when I saw two cloned figures walking down the street. I walked outside
"Fancy meeting you two here"
"I'm sorry do you know us?" The first voice said
"Archie I know it's you none else has that voice."
"Damn it" He said putting his good down to reveal his ever so bright red hair.
"And of course where there's Archie there is always the ever so fabulous Veronica." I said facing the next hooded figure. The hood fell down revealing Veronica's beauty.

"What are you two doing here?" I asked
"No the question is B what are you still doing here"
"I'm just getting a job building my resume before jumping into the world."
"Betty you've been ready to jump into the world since we were 10." Archie responded
"That still doesn't answer my question of why your here and why in disguises." Veronica smiled
"Well the three of us were just planning a night of fun and we of course couldn't leave out our favourite girl."
"The three of us? But there's only two of you who else..."
"Ouch I'm surprised you forgot about me Betty." I turned around and faced Jughead Jones in the flesh. His black robe was unbuttoned to revel a black suit and tie. He was leaning against the wall but smirked when he saw my reaction and stood up letting me fully see him.

It's been years since I've seen Jughead we ended up going to separate collages but statues in touch via texting and emailing. He definitely got taller and was no longer the lanky boy I knew but a confident and muscular man. Not completely filled out but there definitely was a slight difference and gone was the beanie revelling his black locks which was tamed off to the side which allowed me to see his bright blue eyes and notice the shape of his sharp jawbone.

I noticed he was walking towards me but I was still speechless on what to say. He pulled out a black cape and handed it to me.
"Here" I took it and smiled
"What's the big plan for us tonight?" When it came to spontaneous planning Jughead always had one up his sleeve.

"Oh just to hit a few spots nothing big, now let's get going" he held out his hand I took it without hesitation. He spun me around and both Veronica and Archie's robes were unbottend and Archie also had on a suit and tie both while Veronica had on a red fancy and glittery dress to match.

"Come on Copper the sky is the limits" I smiled and we marched down the streets of Riverdale like we owned the place looking in windows. We even went in the liquor store and got a few drinks which me and Jughead started to drink in the back of Archie's truck (well really his dads but Fred got a new truck and handed the old one down to Archie). While Archie and Veronica were in the front
"Archibald what time is it?" Jughead asked with a smile
"10 pm Forsythe"
"Fantastic time to get going" Archie started the car
"Wait where are we going?" I asked
"You'll see" Jughead said handing me another drink.

The next thing I knew the four of us were marching down a street which was unfamiliar to me and then everyone stopped and Jughead went and knocked on a door, a tall man opened the door and stepped out of the way to let us in, Jughead took my hand and lead me down a hallway with Archie and Veronica behind us. We stopped and I gasped at all the people around us dressed up to the nines dancing with tango music playing in the background, I turned to Jughead who now had on a top hat and a black dress in his hand. I stood there speechless.

"Veronica it's your turn" he handed me the dress and walked away I turned to Veronica still speechless.
"How? What? When? Why?"
"I'll answer all your questions while your getting ready now let's go the night waits for no man or women" Veronica took my hand and lead me to the bathroom. As soon as the door shut I said

"Ok I need answers"
"Get changed I'll explain" I sighed but went in one of the stalls.
"So Jughead felt like you were feeling a bit stuck after still being in Riverdale longer then you expected he made a few calls and set this all up."
"Where are we?"
"That is a secret" I groaned
"I hate secrets"
"I know"
"Then why are you keeping this from me?"
"Because Jughead asked me to"
"Ok my last question: why"
" I told you, because Jughead felt like you were stuck and wanted to cheer you up" I walked out of the stall smoothing my dress
"If he wanted to cheer me up he could have taken me to Pops"

"Yes but that would be simple and when has Jughead ever done something simple? You look amazing by the way" I looked in the mirror and was shocked at my reflection, the dress came down to my knees and while it was still socially appropriate it showed more skin then any dress I've ever picked out.

"Come on your Prince Charming awaits"