Chapter 19: Dreads

I don't even know I'm so sorry CHARACTER DEATH WARNING A CHARACTER IS DEAD BUT ITS NOT JUG OR BETTY

Jugheads P.O.V
There are two things Jughead avoids: alcohol and Riverdale. Once a year those two coincide, it's Jugheads least favourite day ever he even prefers his birthday over this day. He and Betty make a long trip to Riverdale from their safe New York apartment. He goes to see his mother and sister and that is when he makes the long treacherous journey to his fathers grave. He grabs a beer and stands in front of the headstone.

He'll talk to it most of the time. As if his dad is standing right there, he'll talk about his job, Betty, his home, New York, his neighborhood, he'll talk about it all while drinking his one beer bottle. Other times he will stop talking and just stare at it. Seeing his fathers headstone in front of him, proof that his father was gone shot by an assassin hired by Clifford Blossom because his dad knew to much. That's Jugheads theory he's not 100% sure but he's working on it. That's what he promised his father while he was in the hospital dying, that he was gonna find the person responsible and take revenge.

Sometimes he'll be mad, mad that his dad was taken from him too soon while he was still young. Mad that they never could have a stable relationship full time he was shot just as it was getting good. Other times hell cry he will just burst out into tears and that's when Betty comes in.

Betty will keep her distance to give Jughead some privacy but she will run and comfort him when she sees him on his knees, it's his position he takes while crying he gets on his knees, hands gripping the grass, face down and crying until Betty comes. Then he cries into Betty's lap and she won't say anything because she doesn't know what to say. She loved FP as a father in law even though they weren't married yet but they would be one day Betty is certain and FP was always very supportive of their relationship. He would love to come to their wedding to see how happy his son is, she beats he would have the biggest and best gift for them.

Sometimes he does all three most of the time that's how it goes honestly it doesn't get easier. Archie once asked why he does it, Jughead responds that his dad always hated it when he left. He hated it when he left the trailer to go live at the drive thu, at the Andrews even though it's what was best for Jughead at the time he knows FP hates it. He felt hurt that he failed that much as a father.

He hides it from most people though , the only person he would talk to about his dad are his mom, JB and Betty. He asked his mom once if she ever loved him. Her mom replied yes and I regret every day that I didn't tell him enough. He asks JB if she remembers him she says no so Jughead tells stories, so will Fred if he's over Fred comes over occasionally to help around and just to keep them company. He'll tell stories about when they were kids and Jugheads mom will chim in. Fred always comes when Jughead is in town, thinking of Jughead as a second son Betty as a daughter in law as well as Veronica when she and Archie come.

He talks to Betty most of the time it's  at night, he will bring up something that remind him of his dad while out in the city Betty would always nod when this happened, letting Jughead talk about his Dad helped. What Betty don't know that Jughead would text his mom and sister if Betty was asleep and he needed someone to talk to. He didn't want to trouble her that's why he doesn't mention it to Archie or Veronica or Cheryl or Kevin or any of his other friends. Even though Archie was in a smiler situation there's still a difference: Archie's Dad survived Jugheads didn't. Archie knows this so that's why he doesn't bring it up to Jughead no one does. He doesn't talk about it and no one brings it up it's like a unwritten rule when he sees them.

FP died before he could see New York but they always made plans. When Jughead got accepted into school there his family was gonna come and see him at Christmas. On December 15th there was a knock on the door confused Jughead answered it. It was his mom and sister, his mom said he wouldn't want them to be apart especially this time of year. Jughead cried that day, Betty was there too they moved in together she herd him crying and walked in to see Jughead crying on his mothers shoulder.

His mother who was distant with him for a part of his life is trying now. She calls him everyday or texts him if he's too busy, he'll send off a quick summery of his day over text or narrate  his day over the phone. She always preferred the latter, Jughead always had a way with words. She loved listing to him talk and would stay silent though most of the phone call until he asked how she was doing. He made up lost time with JB, they would skype regularly and he would always be there for her now more then ever. He always jokes saying if JB ever brings a date home that kid better watch out if they break his little sisters heart. JB always gets embarrassed and asks why does he do that Jughead says "well Dad isn't here to do it so someone has to it's always the dad and the older brother dates watch out for right?" JB cried that day.

Jughead didn't cry at the funeral, it was only when he was left alone for the first time after it happened. A solid year after, he can still remember the day clearly, they were all waiting for it but were patient knowing Jughead keeps to himself. But that day something hit him, he just finished unpacking boxes in his first apartment he shared with Betty. He looked around at the furnished house and something clicked in his mind and he just started crying in the middle of the living room, Betty was right there and comforted him. Betty is always there when he cries he doesn't know where he would be without Betty.

He stays until he's finished his beer and then some if he feels like it. He clicks the bottle against the headstone before he starts drinking as if he was sharing a beer with his father, a normal father son things to do. At the end of his visit he puts the bottle on top of the gravestone takes one last look at it says"bye Dad love you" and turns around walking towards Betty who always brings light when his life seems nothing but dark.

Told you you would need those tissues. I don't know where this came from or why it's written so well (or at least I think it is) I love FP I swear I don't want to see him die.