Chapter 31: Emotions x10

Dedicated to duckhunter35 for always voting!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JUSTIN'S POV

"Yeah love. Just leave your window unlocked, alright?" I said to Caitlin. My teenage hormones were getting the best of me. I needed to see Caitlin, even though it's only been three days since we've seen each other last. She had a lot of tests to study for, so she had no down time. She was also crying on the other line for who knows what reason.

"Caitlin, what's wrong love?" I asked her.

"Nothing," she sniffled.

"Caitlin." I said more sternly. "Tell me."

"I'll tell you when you get here, Justin," she gave in. I heard her bed creaking just a bit in the background, signaling that she was sitting down.

"Alright. I'll be there in less than fifteen minutes."

"See you then," she said.

"Bye love." Then I hung up, walked downstairs, snuck out the back slider, and started off to Caitlin's.

Once I got to Caitlin's, I shimmied up the trellis right in front of her window. She saw me and opened the window. I hopped over the ledge and into her sky blue room. When I saw the dried tears on her face, I immediately enveloped her in a hug.

"What happened, love?" I asked.

"What's up with you calling me love all of a sudden?" she asked, puzzled.

"I needed a nickname for you. I thought love fit you perfectly." She blushed, looking down to hide her now red cheeks. "Don't hide your blush; it's cute."

I spotted a red splotch on her upper arm, right above her elbow. "What's that?" I asked her.

Her head popped up to look at me. Confusion was written all over her face. "What's what?" she asked me.

"The red spot on your shoulder," I told her like it was obvious while pointing to the splotch of red.

"Oh that?" I nodded. "It's nothing." She told me while biting down on her bottom lip. That's when I knew she was lying.

"You're lying."

"No I'm not."

"Yes you are."

"No. I'm. Not." She persisted, growing angry.

"You're so cute when you're angry with me," I said while leaning against the wall, feeling a smirk play on my lips.

"Shut up."

"Not until you tell me what happened."

"Why does it matter Justin?" she asked, sighing in frustration.

"Because," I started while taking her hands in mine. "I care about you. And I never want to see you hurt, alright?" She nodded. We sat down on her bed.

"Christian and I got in a fight," she told me.

"And he hurt you?" I asked, feeling my eyes pop out of my head.

"Not exactly."

"Then what happened?" I asked, setting my hand on top of her hand to comfort her.

"He was yelling at me to study for my tests, so I started yelling him saying that he'd never get as good of grades as me." This was true. Caitlin does get better grades than Christian. She's a straight A student. Whereas Christian is in the B's and C's range. "I was cooking Mac n' Cheese over the stove at the moment, when Christian came over and shoved me. That caused my arm to brush against the flames, which caused the burn on my arm that you see."