Prologue

Prologue

-

It was Ashton's first week as a teacher, teaching the first years of school who were around five or six. He had spent six years of his own life training to do this job, one that he knew he was going to adore so much. Teaching young children how to blossom.

But, Ashton also knew that he was going to struggle at times. He knew that there would be troublesome children and parents,. He would have to push through it. All Ashton had ever wanted to do was help the future society by teaching young children the importance of kindness, education and loving themselves.

And along the way, he was going to have to teach them about how corrupt society was, that they were all unfortunate to go to a government-funded school as their parents didn't have enough money. They would have to work to get where they want to be, and maybe even fail. He was going to have to teach them how the media could trap them, convincing them to buy x, y and z because as a consumer this was what was best for them.

He was not going to ever put his job at risk. He knew all the rules and the guidelines. It was forbidden to have a relationship with staff and parents, and it was not even necessary to mention the young children.

The only thing Ashton didn't expect to happen was to teach a parent this, and along the way fall in the love with him, putting his career right on the line.

-

So this is a quick little introduction to the book.

Although it is going to refer to diets, it is not going to be a book really on eating disorders as such, especially anorexia or bulimia and therefore I guess you could say it's orthorexia.

But, I really want to focus on the media and how it can influence people and how wrong it is.

Any mention of weight or body image in this book, you should not compare to yourself. You're beautiful just the way you are.

Please comment your thoughts on this and I hope you enjoy.