Chapter Thirty-nine

Chapter Thirty-nine

-

Ashton place the last box beside Luke's front door for the removal people to take. Luke stood behind him watching surprisingly at ease.

"You don't have much stuff," Ashton remarked, frowning at the few numbers of boxes of the blondes belongings. A few had already gone in the van, but it was half of what he had just for himself.

"There's no point keeping things you won't use. I only keep what I need," Luke dismissed. "And it's mainly Theo's toys," he admitted, looking into the empty and barren living room where previously there had been furniture and a couple of Theo's toys littered here and there.

He had seen his son grow up in this house for the first six years of his life, and he thought that he would find it difficult to part ways with it. However, Luke felt at peace with letting it go. He knew that he needed a fresh start with someone who loved him and could look after him and his son.

Ashton watched the blonde thinking, unsure what was going on in his head, hoping he wasn't rethinking this whole process. "What you thinking about?" he asked quietly, grabbing the blonde's hips and pushing him into the living room, away from the doorway where the removal people could see them.

Luke smiled at the older man, feeling so much comfort when he was around. "How I can't wait to live with you. I'm ready to leave here," he admitted, placing his own arms around Ashton's neck.

Ashton hummed contently, glad Luke wasn't having second thoughts and really wanted to do this — to be with him every day. "I love you so much Luke," he muttered, letting his nose tough the blondes.

Luke grinned, his body filling with happiness as the words and the touch of his lover. "I love you, I could never repay you for this Ashton," he whispered, placing his lips on Ashton's, his breath still fresh from the coffee he had an hour prior.

Ashton let his hand trail down to the blondes right butt cheek and gently squeezed it causing Luke to groan and pull away with a warning look. "You could repay me tonight!" he suggested cheekily, stepping away with the blonde, smirking when he noticed how he was squirming uncomfortably trying to control his hard-on.

"But you said your bed was getting there till tomorrow?" Luke questioned teasingly. He didn't mind doing it on the floor or wherever Ashton had in mind.

Ashton rolled his eyes and pushed the blonde playfully. "I'll have you anywhere Luke Hemmings," he stated, beginning to walk out of the living room, the last time he would ever step foot in there.

"You've yet to have me over your desk," Luke shouted out, following after the older man. "I've been waiting for that one!" he grinned, picking up a couple of things left beside the door and shoving them in Ashton's boot.

"I'd love to have you over my desk, anytime you want," Ashton concluded, taking the house key off of Luke and placing it through the letterbox.

"There's no going back now," the blonde sighed taking one last look at the house in which he had become an adult, had raised his child and had met the person he wanted to move on and spend the rest of his life with.

Ashton smiled sweetly, letting the blonde have a moment, knowing that this was going to be difficult for him. How difficult change was for him in particular.

Luke followed him, however, getting in the passenger seat of the older man's car. "I'm ready," Luke stated, looking over his shoulder one last time at the small house. Ashton reached over and placed a hand on Luke's thigh.

"There'll be no food at the house," Ashton admitted, knowing they were also going to have to drive for a little over an hour. "Do you want to get something?"