Chapter Seven

[Chapter Seven]

[Chapter Seven]

Just as he initially claimed, Saros did not speak with his father for the remainder of the summer. With every passing day before school started, it didn't matter how much Lucius reached out to him, Saros simply pretended that the man didn't exist. Eventually, Lucius gave up and decided to give his eldest child some space. However, whether it was a good idea to leave Saros alone with his thoughts or not, posed a bigger problem. Saros could not stop thinking about what took place at the recent Quidditch World Cup and it was driving him mental inside of his room. The way he had called his father and the man's friends hypocrites among the wizarding world, remained in Saros' head.

He knew of the witch hunts and the trials that took place around the world, how some countries and religions still held their quarrels against the magical kind, but it wasn't on the scale that it used to be. The witch hunts and trials had taken place hundreds of years ago and yet, the muggles and muggle-borns that were walking around now were still holding the blame for the actions of their ancestors.

Where was the fairness in blaming people for something they weren't even alive for? For something that even their parents or grandparents were around for? What was it going to solve by placing blame on those that weren't even a witness to the crimes? It would do absolutely nothing, just like how nothing was solved by a muggle woman and her family being hoisted in the air as a mockery for magic folk to laugh at.

Saros didn't understand the humour behind it, something he had informed his parents, especially his father when he confronted him when they got home. Instead of spending time with his family or just enjoying a nice evening after an exciting Quidditch match, Lucius had decided that he was going to hunt down a muggle family with his friends. A family that hadn't been doing anything to anyone at the moment. In fact, judging by what they had been wearing as they lingered in the air, it seemed they were all asleep or about to go to sleep before they were snatched out of their beds and placed on display.

Saros couldn't imagine what terrified thoughts had run through the heads of the muggle boys or their parents during those time. Wizarding folk had gone into hiding because of muggles attacking them out of fear of magic, but then there were wizards such as Saros' father, that gave muggles a reason to fear magic.

Attacking an innocent family for an act of fun made Saros begin to question everything his father had ever told him about the so-called "bias" history that revolved around purebloods and their prejudice views. Growing up, Saros stood behind his parents, believing that muggles and muggle-borns didn't have a place in the wizarding world.  Muggles didn't have the right to marry magical folk as it would do nothing but weaken the magical gene that passed along to the offspring. Then muggle-borns were considered dangerous because they could navigate between the two worlds. He had been a firm believer of all of that, but since the incident, Saros didn't know what to believe anymore.

He had trusted his family above all other people but to have his father ruin such an experience for him, Saros found the trust in his father dwindling with every passing day that he hid away in his room. He was fully aware that his father cared about him, Saros didn't dare question that. He knew that Lucius loved him and Draco, along with their mother, but he had made a terrible mistake due to the fact that he was so wrapped up in his views and beliefs.