Chapter Thirteen

[Chapter Thirteen]

[Chapter Thirteen]

For many years, Saros believed that the hardest thing he was going to have to overcome was adjusting to his new leg and the phantom pains that often associated with it. However, as he sat in the Slytherin Common Room, trying to ignore the commotion of the anticipated arrival of their foreign guests, he found himself facing what appeared to be the impossible. As he sat near one of the windows that looked into the dark depths of the Black Lake, he had a piece of parchment paper before him, a quill in hand and his inkwell off to the side. During his classes, he had decided to write a very important and direct letter that only he was to be aware of.

But it was difficult to get the task done when he had Draco practically hanging off his shoulder, his own excitement getting the best of him as they waited to head to the Entrance Hall to meet with the Head of their House.  Eventually, he pushed off Draco to spend time with his friends so that he could concentrate because it was taking a lot of willpower for him to actually jot down the name of the person he was addressing the letter to in the first place.

"Dear Andromeda,"

Was all he managed to have written down and even that had left him with a shaky hand. While she was one of his aunts through blood, their mother had regarded her as nothing more than a traitor when Andromeda left the family to marry a muggle-born. There had been no association with her and Saros had no recollection of ever meeting her, he was only told how horrible and dishonourable she had been to the family.

And undoubtedly, Saros had believed that for the majority of his childhood.

Hell, he took his mother's words to be true up until the Quidditch World Cup and currently, he found himself questioning everything. Everything he had witnessed had left him to doubt everything his parents and other family members had ever taught him. It made him see the different side to those that had their faces burned off the tapestry of the family tree. He hadn't been sure who to approach first, but he could remember his cousin, Tonks, in attendance and while it would probably be more difficult to get in contact with her, there was a chance that his aunt would answer.

There was also a chance that she would completely disregard the letter and tell him to leave her be. However, whenever Saros heard his mother talk about memories of her childhood, Narcissa always spoke fondly of Andromeda. Apparently, the two had been extremely close and Narcissa explained that was why the betrayal had hurt so much when Andromeda made the announcement. He hoped that Andromeda still possessed that kindness that his mother had described very often and would at least read the letter from him.

That was if he could get anything down beside "Dear Andromeda." But he didn't know what to say and he also felt terrified at the idea of his parents finding out. What if Andromeda contacted her sister to tell her that Saros had been in contact and that she wanted to be left alone? That would leave so many questions that Saros would be forced to answer.