Epilogue

Lucius couldn't even begin to describe the events that had unfolded while he had been in his mourning state. Voldemort had challenged Harry Potter to a duel, feeling confident in his new form that he could destroy the boy once and for all. It seemed like it was going to happen more or less, as he placed Harry under the Cruciatus Curse and then under the Imperius Curse. And still, as if Voldemort had no power over the boy, Harry still managed to break away. It left the two facing each other and Voldemort went for the Killing Curse once more, the same Killing Curse that had killed Lucius' son. However, at the same time that Voldemort had cast, Harry had cast his own spell, "Expelliarmus" of all things.

The wands locked and while Voldemort hadn't been expecting such a thing, he didn't want anyone getting involved either. He told his followers to remain behind, but Lucius hadn't been itching to help him in the first place. All he wanted to do was make his way over to his son's body so that he could bring it home with him. He didn't know what he was going to say to his wife, but he knew that she was going to blame him. She was going to blame Lucius and he couldn't even get upset because he blamed himself too.

From the time that Saros was born and Lucius had been able to hold his son in his arms for the first time, he had made a promise to protect him. Of course, his recent actions had only proven that he had broken that promise many times. He had hurt Saros countless times and all he wanted was to tell Saros that he was sorry. But it was too late, he could have done more to protect his son, but he didn't. Instead, besides Voldemort, he had been the one to hurt Saros the most.

And as the wands remained connected, blinding everyone in the surrounding area with light, Lucius used the time to crawl over undetected to where Saros was. He didn't care what the consequences would be for him later for abandoning his post, he just wanted to take Saros' body home. As he wormed his way through the grass, Lucius stopped himself at one point as he couldn't help but think of the thudding noise that his son's body had made. It rang so loudly in Lucius' ears that he thought he was going to go deaf.

It happened over and over, including the flash of green light. He could hear Saros' screaming, begging for the pain to stop and even during the final moments where they had been facing each other, Saros had still called him "Father." Lucius had expected all sorts of things to come out of his son's mouth, more along the lines of insults, but he never expected to hear "Father" again.

And what was even worse was how frightened Saros looked at the time because all Lucius could see was his little boy. The same little boy that had crawled in his parents' bed when he was younger because he was afraid of the dark, the same little boy that had been spooked by shadows after the lethifold attack, the same little boy that looked up to Lucius for so long, only to be let down so many times.

Now he understood Saros' anger and frustration with his family.

The lights from the cast spells were still lighting up the night sky, while there were shouts all around but Lucius continued on until he came upon where his son's body was.

"Saros," Lucius called out him in a hoarse whisper, " Saros, my son, I'm so sorry."

The first thing he came into contact with was the coldness of Saros' prosthetic. As soon as Lucius touched it, he collapsed to the ground in a heap, sobbing uncontrollably. He could only picture Saros becoming furious with him when they were at the World Quidditch Cup, and how they didn't speak to each other after that. The only time they were seeing each other again was standing on opposing sides.

"I didn't mean it, I should have protected you," Lucius whimpered, " I should have acted faster. I...I shouldn't have done all those things. We should have allowed you to take those Apparition Classes. I'm so sorry, I would take it all back if I could. I take it all back and..."