5. PLAN B

Katies P.o.V:

I stood infront of the mirror and eyed me one last time before changing forever. Finding Matt and Dad is the most important to me, so a little haircut won't hurt. Plan B is making it into The Garrison. But since Iverson had thrown me out two months ago I wrote an incredible application and within three weeks I got accepted. But I didn't want to get caught again so I had to become someone else. So, say Hi to Pidge Gunderson. I took the scissor to my right and a few streaks of hair. I looked myself straight into the eyes. No backing off now.

Slowly I lead the scissor to my hair and I pinched my eyes together and-

CUT.

My hair fell to the ground and only a bunch of chin-length hair was left

My hair fell to the ground and only a bunch of chin-length hair was left. I deeply breathed and continued cutting my hair. After finishing, I honestly was impressed of myself. It looked not bad, pretty good actually. The last thing that was left to do was something really important. 

I made my way to my room and walked over to my bed. I grasped under my pillow and pulled out Matts glasses and a Picture of us. He gave them to me before he left. And the picture was taken before he entered the spaceship that would make his dreams come true. That would lead him into space. That made it able to work at Kerberos. 

And still I don't know why he had to be the one who got chosen to work at this stupid mission. I remember the day as if everything happened yesterday. Matts bright smile and dads fascination for everything. My crying and both of them promising me that they would come back. And then Matt gave me his glasses. Since then they were holy to me. The picture of him, giving me the glasses is stuck in my head like a catchy song. I just can't get rid of it. 

I sighed and put the glasses on my nose

I sighed and put the glasses on my nose. They were a bit to big but it was worth it. I stared at the picture and I felt tears in the corners of my eyes but I blinked them away. Quickly I put it in my bag. One last time I looked into the mirror and I said, "I am sorry Katie. It's Pidge's turn now."

I left my house to find Matt. But who would have known that I would leave it forever?