26. It's complicated

After fighting the Galra, finding and bringing the flower back to the Alkorans, the team went back to the ship. Everyone was exhausted and Allura allowed a few hours free-time to regain strength and energy. Lance stayed the whole time with Keith, who slept in his pod. 

Hunk and Coran told each other storys of their family and childhood. 

Allura spent time with the memories of her father. 

Shiro was in his room and meditated or something. 

And Y/n and Pidge? They decided to have a sleepover in Y/n room and holed up in her bed. But let them tell...

Y/n P.o.V.:

I laid on my bed, Pidge next to me. Where her feet were, was my head and where her head was were my feet. Both of us were reading books. I think she read a book about science while I read an Altean fairytale. The story about a strong Altean who leaves her Family to reach for her biggest dreams, made me very emotional. I shut the book and sat up. I sighed and after a few Pidge also sat up. 

"What's wrong?", the girl with the round glasses asked. "It's nothing...", I sighed and looked at the bookcover to avoid looking into her eyes. "Y/n.. I know something is up.. tell me.", She pleaded. "This book made me realize how much I miss my family... I mean yeah.. I have you guys but I would give anything to see my parents again."

That's when Pidge started to frown. "I would give anything just to know if my dad and Matt are still alive...", she whispered. My heartbeath skipped a beat. I totally forgot about the fact, that her dad or brother could be dead. I slided towards her and wrapped my arms around her. 

"They are okay.. they have to be. Both of them are smart, they know how to survive. I'll help you find your family.", I whispered and for the first time I looked into her eyes. Suddenly her face filled with joy. "Really? You would do that!", She smiled and a dark blush spread on her cheeks. 

This is it. I felt myself lean in. Only a few centimeters seperated our lips. 

I searched for an answer in her eyes. Should I really risk it? I could destroy everything, is it really worth it? Thousands of thoughts and memories of us flooded my mind. And suddenly it made 'click'and my head felt empty. My whole mind was blank and I couldn't come to a decision. 

A few centimeters.. 5

4 centimeters...

3 centi..

2 c..

"GUYS!", The door opened. I jolted away from Pidge and turned to the door. Both of us had shocked expressions on our faces. Hunk stood in the door. He was out of breath and had a red face. "What happened?", I asked a bit uncomfortable and didn't dared to look at Pidge. 

"KEITH WOKE UP!"

HOPE YA LIKED THIS CHAPTER! SMOOOCH! SORRY I HAVEN'T BEEN UPDATING IN A LONG TIME.. YA KNOW SCHOOL AND STUFF AND YEAH! IM SORRYYY BUT I'LL TRY!

LY GUYS, GALS AND NON-BINARY PALS!! :)