19. Katie's secret

Pidge's P.o.V.:

"Thanks.", was all I said to Y/n. I walked out of the room and made my way to my room. I just need some time to think...

I have to be honest with myself: The nose-kiss was suprising, but it was really sweet and I enjoyed it. I don't know why but since the talk we had it just felt right being near her. I hate this feelings because I exactly know what they mean. I know that I like girls. I somehow always knew. But I realized it, when I had my first crush on a girl.

 Her Name was Haley and I really liked her. She was the only girl in my class who was as smart as me. And besides being pretty she wasn't self-centered, but really caring and popular. Often we used to study after class and she once invited me to her place. That was when I found out that she was dating a boy named James Griffin. (^^)

I remember crying all night. Matt noticed it and tried to talk about it with me. 

- Flashback -

I was sitting on our roof again and felt hot tears streaming down my face. Why is this affecting me so much? I don't actually like her that way, right? I like boys, like every other normal girl? I'm supposed to like boys. But this feeling I felt in my chest, when I found out about James, hurt like hell. Suddenly I heard a window crack open and I knew, Matt was coming. I ran my sleeve over my swollen eyes and cheeks to wipe off my tears. 

"Hey Katie!", Matt said as he sat down next to me. 

"He-ey.", My voice cracked. Shoot! He's gonna notice. "Everything alright?", He checked on me. I nodded. Suddenly he cupped my face so I would face him. "Why are you crying?", He asked with a serious tone in his voice. "I'm not-"

"Don't lie to me, Katie. I know you better than anyone else, so don't even try. Now tell me, why are you crying?" 

And suddenly I knew. He's my brother. My everything. My favourite person. I can tell him everything and he would understand. The tears started pouring down my cheeks again and I wasn't trying to stop them. He pulled me into a side hug and I cried against his shoulder. Gently he stroked  my head. "Is it a boy?", He asked after some time. 

I shook my head and sobbed. "A girl?"

And in that moment I stopped crying. I sniffed and quietly asked, "Is it weird?" His expression changed from worried to shocked to soft. "No! Of course not! It's anything but weird. It's wonderful.. You wanna know why?" I nodded. 

"Because it's love. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. It's your choice who you love. And it doesn't matter if it's a her or a him. Just promise me one thing?" I sat up and looked into my brother's eyes. "Yeah?"

"Be true to yourself, alright?", He asked and held up his pinkie. I raised my Hand and interwhined his pinkie with my pinkie. "Promise. But since when is my brother a cheesy romantic." A sincere smile laid on my lips. He tackled me into a hug and started tickling me. 

"STOP!", I screamed in between giggles and gasps.

- Flashback End -

I really just wish Matt would be here. He would understand. Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around, just to look into Y/n worried eyes. "Did I say something wrong?", She asked. I shook my head. "I am just exhausted from fighting. You did nothing wrong.", I assured her. Her expression softened. "I'm quickly going to change but do you maybe want to meet me later on the training deck? Allura said that we should at least train an hour per day. And I know I already trained but I still feel like it isn't enough.. but if you want to head to bed that's totally fine."Her e/c eyes searched for an answer. 

Show me how to say no to this!  

"Yeah. I'll be there in 20.", I anwered and smiled. 

I DO NOT OWN THIS PRECIOUS FANART! I JUST REALLY LOVE IT AND I THOUGHT IT WOULD FIT PERFECTLY FOR THIS CHAPTER! :)!