22. The Flower

Y/n P.o.V.:

After the talk with Shiro I felt a lot better. I am starting accepting the fact that I am bisexual. My first task is to tell Keith about it. He's my best friend and he sure will understand. Especially since he's quite interested in Lance. It's really obvious but the only person that doesn't seem to notice, is Lance himself. 

Shiro and I walked through the halls as the alarm blasted through the whole ship. "Allura needs us.", He said and we ran to the ship's centrale. Allura, Coran and Keith already stood there. Not a second less the other three paladins ran into the room. "What's wrong, Princess?", Lance asked. "A friendly village on planet Alkoran needs our help. The Galra attacked them and stole a plant that used to provide the whole planet with energy. As team Voltron it's your duty to help them. We'll reach the planet in less than 5 dobashes.", Coran informed us. 

"Coran and I will talk with the villages mayor and help the wounded. Keith, Y/n and Hunk will search for the plant, we were informed that the Galra are hiding it on the war-ship which is based on Alkoran. Lance, Pidge and Shiro will free the citizens that got captured by the galra.", Allura distributed the tasks. 

Everyone got ready and Allura gave me a violet armour to put on. I also had my two knives and a shield. As soon as we landed a huge group of Alkorans ran to us begging for protection and help. The Alkorans looked a bit like sloths without fur but and with spikes on their back. But they weren't as terrifying as they looked. The Alkorans are peaceful and caring creatures, whose task is to save their race from becoming extinct. 

Allura talked with the mayor, a very old Alkoran, about the plant and whereto the Galra abducted it. As soon as we got our Information The Paladins and me started running into the forest, where the Galra ship is stationed. The trees looked a lot like huge dandelions and the grass was blue. It was a wonderful planet but you could clearly see the destruction the Galra had done. "Everyone knows his Job?", Shiro yelled as we sprinted through bushes and grass. Reams of 'yes!'were heard.  As soon as we reached the ship, the Group split up. Lance, Pidge and Shiro looked for the cells, where the citizens were captured, while Hunk, Keith and I ran into the other direction.

"Come on Guys, They said the plant looks like a giant sea rose with yellow leaves. And you can feel the energy it radiates. So let's find it!", I said. We sneaked into the ship and followed a dark hallway. Suddenly Hunk broke the silence,"Do you sometimes ask why we are here?""Yeah, I mean this is the mission and Allura said we have to find the flower so-", Keith said but Hunk cut him off, "No. I mean, here in space. As Paladins. Why me? Why Lance or Pidge? I was quite happy on earth with my family."

I gulped. It's true. I have family on earth. Mom and dad. I have friends like Bex, Jeremy and Adam. That's when it hit me like a bus. Shiro must miss Adam like hell. This must be terrible for him. Leaving your loved ones but much worse is that they don't even know how and where you are. "I don't know. Maybe fate wanted so. I'd love to go back but the universe needs you guys.", I sighed. "Sometimes you are just like your brother, do you know that.", Keith interfered. I smiled. "Sometimes I really think I am."

"Don't you guys miss your family?", Hunk asked. Suddenly I remembered that Keith doesn't have family. Shiro and I were Keith's family. Since his dad had left he had been alone for all his life. "Maybe we should concentrade on the mission now. There could come Galra's any Moment!", I reminded them, but mostly to prevent an unpleasant conversation. 

We continued walking until everyone of us felt some strange energetic feeling. The more we followed the hallway, the more the feeling grew. Soon we reached a big hall. Galra soldiers were stationed everywhere and it looked like they were guarding something. On closer inspection I saw the flower surrounded by a glasstube to protect it. "Guys! The flower is in there!", Hunk whispered. "There are about 25 guards, we won't defeat them. We are short- handed.", I said. Keith pulled out his bayard and frowned, "We still need to try."

Hunk and I shared glances and nodded. 

"Well, let's do this thing."