21. Big Brother Talk

Season 7 Spoiler Alter! !Shadam!

Shiro's P.o.V.:

I woke up, showered and walked a bit through the castle. Everyone else was still asleep but I am an early riser, so I am used to being the first one up. Y/n is mostly the second to wake up, so I made my way to her room to check on her. I knocked on her door and as soon as the door automatically opened, I stepped into her room. Her bed was messed up but empty. So was the rest of the room. No sign of my sister. 

She's already awake, which isn't that suprising, but where could she be then? I decided to look for her. After searching in the dining room, the kitchen, the centrale and the sitting room, I heard noises from the training deck. As I entered the hall I saw Y/n fighting against the gladiator. I leaned against the door frame and decided to watch her.  With two knives she attacked him but he ducked away and hit her on the back. She wheezed and fell on the floor. Before the gladiator could hit her in the face she rolled over her right shoulder and stood up. She took in her battle position and the Gladiator was already ready for her next attack. The girl tried to slice the Gladiator's chest but as soon as she raised her weapon, the robot punched her in the stomach. 

With a loud thump Y/n fell on her butt and both of her knives fell on the floor, but too far away to reach them in such a short amount of time. She raised her hands to defend herself from the next attack and waited for the impact.  Before the Gladiator was able to wind up for another punch against my unarmed sister I interfered, "End Training-sequence." 

She jumped and hectically looked around. Immediately she spotted me and a thankful glance laid in her eyes. "Thanks, but I could have done it without you."

"Yeah, right.", I mocked her with a satisfied grin. 

I know my sister like I know myself and I could tell from the way she fights that something is bothering her. She's not fully concentrating on fighting because she is disctracted by something or someone. She shut her eyes and groaned. "Normally you are a better close combat fighter.", I said. She sighed and rubbed her arm. 

 "I know. I am just a bit.. I don't know... Unfocused?" "What's wrong? I can see, something is bothering you.", I asked and started walking towards her. She pushed her hair back and crossed her legs. While staring on the floor, Y/n said, "It's nothing. I just-" She stopped. Her eyes filled with tears and she sniffed. 

I felt my big-brother alarm turn on. This is serious. 

"Hey.. it's okay. You don't have to tell me, if you don't want to. But just you know, I am here.", I told her and sat down next to her. I put my arm around her shoulder and her head leaned against my chest. I felt wetness soaking through my shirt. Y/n silently cried against me and I gently patted her head. "It's okay. Let it out.", I comforted her. She sobbed and suddenly asked, 

"How did you know that you like Adam?"

I froze for a second. Adam. I never stopped thinking about him. Adam is my fiancé on earth. We had a big fight when I left him for the Kerberos Mission. I really really miss him. "I don't know. Do you remember? We were best friends when we were in the Garrison. And one day I just knew there were new feelings I just coulnd't explain. Feelings, which I knew weren't 'just friendly'. Everytime I saw him I wanted to make him smile, to make him feel save and happy. I wanted to hug him and kiss him. And thankfully he felt the same. After a whole year of secretly being in love with him I finally confessed to him. I knew it was risky but I am glad I did it. Why?"

She gulped and her eyes filled with fear. "I.. I think I may like-"

"Girls?", I finished her sentence. She nodded and a big smile plastered on my face. "That's totally fine. It doesn't matter if you like girls or boys or both. I remember my coming out. It took me a long time to accept myself and understand what it means. But after knowing and loving myself for it I finally had the courage to tell people. Most people understood and supported me. Of course there were the ones that mocked me and said it's awkward and deviant. But you know what? I didn't listen. I felt sorry for them. The only thing that matters is that you are happy and comfortable living with it." 

She smiled and brushed away her tears. "I will accept it. It's a part of me that I'll learn to love. The only thing that's going to be hard is telling a certain person about it. 

Because.. I think..

I'm in love with Pidge."

THIS. SHIRO. FANART! IT'S AMAZING AND I AM DYING.. LOOK AT MAH SPACE DADDY! AGHHHH!