Ch 9 Bastion Shines

School was going great for Jaden and he felt that after the tag duel he could see Syrus' ability to duel under pressure had increased. Jaden and Syrus were in gym class and playing baseball at that and it was Slifer's vs the Ra's and Jaden was up to bat and the bases were loaded and it was a 3 run Ra lead and if Jaden scored then the Slifer's would win the ball game. Bastion showed up after doing about 50 different formula's. Bastion then insisted that he pitch this one. Jaden just smiled as Bastion took the mound and wanted to win this games so bad. Bastion said to Jaden that he would be his only strikeout and would win the game for the Ra's.

Jaden smiled and pointed to the left field belchers where Alexis and Akiza were sitting. Everyone looked that way and Jaden then pointing his finger to the ground in front of him and nobody saw him do that. Then Bastion and the rest of class turned back to the game. Bastion looked at Jaden and wanted him to strikeout more than he did when he first took the mound. Bastion prepared to throw the ball as hard as he could and everyone but Jaden was surprised by what he did.

He bunted the ball and it tapped it's way to third base and the runners sprinted from each of the bases. Then the third basemen tried to get Jaden out at first but over threw the first basemen and hit the wall and the runner from second was on his way home and the runner from first hustled their way to third. Jaden then rounded the base at second and wanted to go to third then the runner at third sprinted home. The first basemen got the ball but wanted to get Jaden out more then the runner going home threw the ball to third. 

Jaden had already turned for home before the third basemen got the ball. When the third basemen got the ball he threw it home where Bastion was waiting for the ball. Bastion caught the ball and waited for Jaden to come his way. Jaden pushed himself to his max speed. Bastion thought that Jaden was going to take his head on and knock the ball out of his glove so he lowered his upper body to braze the impact.

Jaden saw this and went for it. Jaden dove over Bastion and reached out with his hands to touch home plate. He touched home plate before Bastion could apply the tag on Jaden. Both teams were stunned by this turn of events but the Slifer's had won the game. Jaden dusted himself off and Bastion said "impressive. I didn't think it was possible to get an infield homerun but you always find a way to prove me wrong." Jaden said "well I have a skill when it comes to making a big move I always find a way to win."

 Then the Slifer's came running over to Jaden and congratulated him on winning the game. Bastion walked away from the field and then Jaden, Syrus, Chumley, Akiza, and Alexis were all together. Then they were almost out of the arena when clown face Crowler showed up. But instead of trying to get rid of Jaden he asked Bastion if he wanted to be in a duel where he would get to go to the Obelisk dorm if he won. Naturally Bastion accepted the challenge and was to be in the arena tomorrow morning. Bastion asked Jaden and Syrus if he could crash at their place because he had painted over his walls and wanted them to dry.

The next day Bastion and the guys got up and went to the Ra dorm to get Bastion's deck but it was nowhere to be found and Syrus and Chumley were freaking out. Jaden then asked Yubel if she could locate Bastion's deck. Yubel went on a search and found them in a few minutes. They all ran to the pear and saw that Bastion's deck had been thrown in the ocean. Bastion didn't look fazed and Jaden believed that he had another deck that was ready to test.

They then walked to the arena and saw Alexis, Akiza, and Zane waiting along with Crowler. Jaden thought that Zane, Akiza, or Alexis would he Bastions opponent. But Chazz popped up behind Crowler. Chazz walked over to the other side of the arena and was ready to duel. Bastion then open his vest and pulled out a deck of cards and shuffled the deck then placed it in the deck holder on his duel disk. Chazz didn't care because he knew he could beat this Ra yellow student. Jaden was looking forward to see Bastion's new deck.

Bastion and Chazz said "duel." Chazz said "winners first I draw. I summon Chthonian Soldier in attack mode (1200atk). I play two cards face down and end my turn." Bastion said "my turn, I draw. I summon Hydrogeddon in attack mode (1600atk). Now attack his Soldier." (Chazz LP 3600) Chazz said "My soldier's special ability activates and you take the same damage that I do." (Bastion LP 3600) Bastion said "my Hydrogeddon has a special ability of it's own which is that I can summon another Hydrogeddon from my deck if I destroyed one of your monsters."

Chazz looked shocked that he was able to summon another one of his monsters. Bastion said "attack Chazz directly. (Chazz LP 2000) I end my turn with a face down." Chazz said "my turn, I draw. I play Call of the Haunted to summon back my Chthonian Soldier in attack mode. Now I play my other face down Inferno Reckless Summon which allows me to summon two more Soldiers from my hand, deck or graveyard. But you can have another one of your Hydrogeddon's. Now I equip my Chthonian Soldier with Chthonian Alliance. He now gain's 800 attack points for each other monster on the with the same name (2800atk)."

Chazz smiled and said "attack one of his Hydrogeddon's. (Bastion LP 2400) I end my turn with a facedown" Bastion said "my turn, I draw. I summon Oxygeddon in attack mode (1800atk). Now I play Call of the Haunted to summon Hydrogeddon in attack mode (1600atk). Now attack one of the two weaker Chthonian Soldier's. (Chazz LP 1600) (Bastion LP 2000) Now attack Hydrogeddon and attack the other Chthonian Soldier. (Chazz LP 1200) (Bastion LP 1600) Now Oxyeddon attack the final Chthonian Soldier. (Chazz LP 600) (Bastion LP 1000) I end my turn with a facedown."

Chazz said "my turn, I draw. I play Graceful Charity to draw three cards but I have to discard two. Now I play Monster Reborn to bring back Infernal Incinerator in attack mode (2800atk). Now my monster gains 200 attack points for every monster you control. (3400atk). Now attack Hydrogeddon and end this duel." Bastion said "I play my trap Half Unbreak I target my Hydrogeddon. Now he can't be destroyed in battle and the damage I take if cut in half. (Bastion LP 100)." Chazz said "fine I will finish you off next turn."

Bastion said "my turn, I draw. I play Bonding - H2O I send my two Hydrogeddon's and my Oxygeddon to summon Water dragon from my deck, graveyard, or hand. Welcome to the field Water Dragon (2800atk)." Chazz said "nice monster but Infernal Incinerator is still stronger so you summoned a monster for nothing. So how does it feel to be a looser? Maybe your game is as washed up as your dragon is." Bastion smiled and said "Water Dragon attack Infernal Incinerator. By the way Chazz my monster has a nice ability, when it battle a fire attribute the monster looses all of it's attack points."

Chazz was stunned and watched hopelessly as Water Dragon destroyed Infernal Incinerator and washed away any hope of Chazz winning. Everyone in attendance cheered as Bastion won his duel and Walked up to congratulated him. Crowler then told Bastion he could move to the Blue dorm. Bastion didn't want to move up till he was the best first year student and then looked at Jaden and said that Jaden was the best and he would not move up till he have beaten him. Jaden looked at him and smiled and wanted to duel so bad but wanted to give Bastion his time is the spot light.