Waking

Toni's pov

"Toni please wake up. I need you more than you will ever know. I want a future with you." I could feel Cheryl taking my hand.

I couldn't open my eyes but I could hear Cheryl's sweet voice.

"I need you to wake up so we can have that. All of the serpents are outside sitting so its not just me. You are so loved and so special TT and you cant leave me."

I could tell Cheryl was crying by the sound of her voice and wanted so badly to tell her I was here and that I wanted a future with her more than she knew. God if only she knew.

"I love you." She kissed my forehead as I struggled to open my eyes.

I could see a blurry version of Cheryl as my eyes opened slightly.

"Toni can you hear me?" Cheryl's voice got louder.

I managed to give her a small smile as I struggled to speak. The blurry version of Cheryl began to fade as my eyes adjusted. I tried to speak but I couldn't get it out.

"I..." I started.

Cheryl moved her ear closer to me to try hear.

"Love you." I managed to get out I could see the smile grow on her face.

"I love you too TT." She kissed my hand and squeezed it.

"Jug." I whispered.

"Hes outside with the rest of the serpents."

"Jug." I repeated.

Cheryl looked at me confused. "I'll go get him."

Cheryl left and Jughead appeared a few moments later.

"Hey." He smiled as he walked in the room. "Cheryl said you were asking for me. By the way not a great move to make to your girlfriend asking for someone else when you wake up from surgery." He laughed.

"The ring." I whispered.

"What ring?" He asked confused.

"My backpack get the ring." I tried to explain.

"I'll ask Cheryl where it is and I'll go get it." He began to leave the room.

"No!" I tried to shout.

Jughead stopped at the door and instantly turned around.

"No Cheryl. Get ring."

At that moment I seen Jugheads expression change as he realised. He didn't say anything but I could see the surprise in his face.

"I'll get it dont worry." He smiled before leaving me.

He had only walked out the doors and withing seconds Cheryl had reappearwd with some nurses behind her pushing in another bed.

"You didn't think I'd leave you here by yourself." Cheryl smiled as the nurses placed the other bed next to mine.

Countdown to secret chapter - 3