Lock Down

Cheryl's pov

It had been nearly two weeks since the serpents moved into my back yard. I didn't it but I didnt exactly love it. They were always so noisy and Toni spent more time with them than she used to. I missed her a lot. The town had gone crazy we had no idea what had been happening but Mr Lodge was to make an announcement today. The black hood was still out there and people in the town were beginning to do things they shouldn't be like searching for him or stock piling food and items they might need so they don't have to leave the house.

I sat on my bed wondering what craziness would be bestowed upon this town next.

"Cheryl are you ready to go?" Toni appeared in the doorway.

"Always TT." I stood up taking my small bag with me.

Toni held out her hand to me and I took it instantly.

"Are the serpants coming?" I asked hoping all of them weren't.

"Not all of them Fangs and Sweetpea have already left and they will let the rest know whats happening when we get back." Toni led me down the stairs and out the front door where her motorcycle was waiting on us.

Toni's pov

When I pulled up outside the townhall Cheryl's arms didn't unwrap from me instead she held on to me tightly and I placed one of my hands on hers. There was a massive crowd of people at the bottom of the stairs with Hiram standing half way up facing the crowd.

"We do need to go stand with the others." I smiled.

"Fine." Cheryls grip loosened and she climbed off from behind me.

I took Cheryls hand as I got off the motorcycle and we made our way to the front of the crowd. Cheryl pushed through everyone and pulled me behind her as I attempted to apologise. Jughead, Betty, Archie and Veronica were all standing at the front of the crowd as well. Mrs Lodge made her way up the stairs and stood beside her husband who took a step forward getting closer to the mic infront of him.

"I apologise that we have had to call this conference but it is about time we made some changes and took action to protect us and the rest of the world from the threat of the black hood." He paused for a moment and Mrs Lodge looked at him nervously. "After taking into consideration all of the possible steps I have decided that Riverdale will be put on lockdown. A barrier is being placed around the town as we speak in order to stop the black hood from leaving. Armed forces will be surrounding the town to ensure no one attempts to leave."

The crowd began to shout and throw a variety of objects up at Mr and Mrs Lodge.

"Please quiet down. This isn't a permanent solution but until the black hood is revealed there will also be a curfew of 10pm. No one will be allowed out of their homes for any reason and if they are found to be breaking theses rules they will be arrested."

People began to break away from the crowd angry and wanting to get home.

"One more thing before you all leave. There will be no mass gatherings of any kind that includes football games or any kind of sports game gatherings or religious ceremonies that are not essential such as funerals or once a week masses."

I could already sense the angry spilling from Cheryl as he spoke those last words and pulled her back through the crowd towards my motorcycle. She didnt speak but the expression on her face said enough. I climbed on the motorcycle quickly pulling her on after me.