The Start Of The Beginning

Toni's pov

I could see the shock on Cheryl's face as I led her inside.

"Table for Topaz." I told the lady who was standing holding a handful of menus.

She smiled and led us to our table. She was about to pull one of the chairs back but I shook my head as I stepped behind Cheryl pulling her seat out. She smiled as she sat down and I pushed her seat in to the table. The waitress handrd us both menus and walked away.

"So what do you feel like?" I asked.

"Um Toni have you seen the prices?" Cheryl's eyes were wide.

"Ignore them please and pick whatever you want." I smiled as I looked back at my menu.

The waiter appeared again a few moments later with two glasses of water.

"Have you decide?" She asked in broken english.

"Gratin dauphinois s'il vous plait." Cheryl said fluently in French.

"Uh coq au vin." I smiled to the waitress.

The waitress wandered off with our order.

"So what is all this for?" Cheryl asked.

"Can't I just take you out for dinner in Paris because I love you." I took Cheryl's hand across the table.

Cheryl's pov

Dinner was perfect and delicious. Toni made an amazing decision on the restaurant. I was stuffed after it all. It turned out that the restaurant wasn't the end of Toni's surprises for tonight. We walked hand in hand along the side of the river Seine as Toni led me to my next surprise.

"Close your eyes." Toni smiled covering my eyes.

She led me forward slowly one step at a time. After around twenty three steps Toni stopped.

"Okay ready." Toni lifted her hand from my eyes.

My eyes were blinded by bright lights. As my eyes adjusted I could see what was in front of us. A carousel with no one on it. I looked at Toni confused. She pulled me towards the carousel.

"Come on." She handed some money to the woman at the controls and stepped on to the carousel.

She led me over to two of the horses that sat together and helped me on. As soon as Toni climbed on to the horse next to me the carousel began to turn. A looked over at Toni who was watching me with a massive smile on her face.

"So... are you enjoying tonight?" She asked.

"I am loving tonight." I replied. "Do you have anymore surprises planned for tonight?"

"One more and its a big one." She replied.

"A big one?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Don't worry I know you will love it." She smiled.

After two more times round on the carousel it stopped and Toni climbed off her horse. She put her hand out to help me off the horse. I fell into her arms as I climbed off and smiled as our faces were inches apart. Toni kissed me gently before leading me off of the carousel.

"Merci beaucoup." I said to the lady who operated the carousel.

"Where to next?" I asked Toni

"Not far." She smiled leading me away from the carousel.

She was right about it not being far after a five minute walk. I starred up at the marvelous structure above us.

What has been your favourite chapter so far?