Watanagashi-hen Arc: Chapter 1

England's P.O.V

I was in my bed, trying to sleep in for the day. Usually on weekends I would sleep in and not wake up until twelve o'clock. But unfortunately, my phone began to ring. I groaned in annoyance as I picked it up.

"Hello?" I said tiredly.

"Yo dude! Were all waiting for you! We're in front of you're house right now!" America said loudly through the phone.

"Ugh, bloody hell." I said as I quickly got my clothes on. I fixed my hair and I walked out the door. Like as America said, he and France were waiting for me.

"Angleterre, we're gonna be late if you don't hurry up!" France says.

"Whatever frog. Where's Russia and China?" I asked them.

"Their meeting us at the world conference, along with the Axis." America replied.

"Alright, but why are we having a world meeting on a Sunday?" I asked.

"We're not gonna have a meeting today don't worry! But, you'll see when you get there! Now let's go!" America says as he grabbed my arm dragged me all the way to the world conference. When we got to the meeting, I saw Russia and China near the front door, with the Axis along side them. There was also some other nations in the front too.

"Why is there a lot of nations here? Is there a event going on here?" I asked.

"Yeah dude, the grand prize is like one thousand dollars!" America says.

"O-one thousand!?" I said, with my eyes widen. Russia and China turned around and waved at us.

"Nihao! We were waiting for you guys!" China says.

"It's a nice morning today, da?" Russia asks.

"All right! Let's go!" America cheered. We all went inside and sat down at the table. There was a big sign on the wall that said, "Game Tournament". The Axis, were already sitting at the left end of the desk, while other nations sat in the back and watched.

"So there's going to be a game tournament?" I turned to America.

"Yeah! Spain is going to be hosting them." He replied.

"We have a lot to do today!" France smiled.

"Alright, so the winner is free to do what they want with the losers!" America says cheerfully.

"Bring it on wanker." I smirked. Our team, the Allies, sat on the right table across from the Axis. Spain walks in and stands in the middle of the teams.

"Alright, let's begin!" Spain says as he hands us each a bingo game. Then he hands us little game pieces. Each bingo sheet has a picture on it.

"Are you ready amigos?" He asks.

"Vee~! Ready!" Italy cheered as he hugged Germany.

"Alright! The first picture! A cute dog playing ball!" Italy and China placed their piece on a area on the sheet.

"Aww, the dog is so cute! I want to take it home with me!" Italy says with his hands on his face.

"Next picture, a beautiful elegant rose!" Spain calls out. France and Germany both had it.

"Roses are a symbol for l'amour." France smirks as he placed his piece onto the sheet. I rolled my eyes at that comment. Thirteen minutes passed, Japan and America are the ones close to winning.

"Next picture, a bald eagle!" Spain says.

"BINGO!" America shouted happily as got up. The Axis groaned as they lost the game.

"Nice job America." France laughed as he patted his back.

"Of course I'll win, cause I'm the hero!" He proudly said. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.

"Hmph, not bad, I never thought a git like you would win." I said.

"Haha! Like you would win anyway dude!" America laughs.

"Shut up git!" I shouted at him.

"Yo where's my money Spain?" America asked.

"Here you go amigo! You earned it!" Spain said as he handed him the money.

"Thanks dude!" America smiled. I sighed as I watched America happily wave his money in the air.

"Oh England, since you came close to winning, I wanted to give this to you." Spain says as he handed me a bag. I reached in the bag and revealed a Victorian looking doll. The doll had long blonde hair and curls.

"W-what the bloody hell is this?" I asked as I stared at the doll.

"My my, it seems like something cute popped out." China says.

"Aw it looks adorable~" France cooed.

"You got something that doesn't fit you England." America laughed.

"Shut up git! Anyways, you can have it." I handed the doll to France. I knew America wouldn't want it, since he wasn't into dolls.

"You're giving it to me?" France asks.

"Don't take it the wrong way frog. At least dolls suit you!" I crossed my arms and looked away.

"It'd be useless if I kept it. You don't seem the type either America." I turned to him. America just gave a nervous laugh.

"Yeah you're right dude! I'm not into those weird girly things." America laughed as he got on his bike.

"Good to know." I smiled.

"Well, I think Tony needs me, so I'll be going!" America says as he began to ride his bike away.

"Bye Amérique!" France says while waving. Suddenly my stomach begins to growl.

"Hey, I'm hungry, wanna go eat somewhere?" I asked France.

"Sorry mon amie, but I have lots of paperwork to do this evening." France says.

"And me and China are gonna go shopping before we get home." Russia added.

"Oh, that's fine. I'll see you at the meeting tomorrow then." I told them. I waved them goodbye and I began walking around the streets. I noticed a cafe on the corner called "Angel Mort". I sat down at a table and looked around the place.

"This place looks pretty nice." I said to myself. I heard footsteps walking up to my table.

"W-w-welcome." A soft voice said. I glanced up at the person. He was wearing a maid outfit. Was he new here? But the uniform doesn't look that bad. Wait a minute, is that?

"Huh? A-America!? Is that you? Do you work here?" I asked him. America looked sort of different then usual. His hair was parted differently, and he had a little curl in front of his bangs. He also looked rather, slim.

"U-um." He stuttered.

"Ha! To think that the almighty America to be serving people as a maid in a cafe!" I smirked.

"Um. I think you're mistaken." He says. I looked at him, confused.

"I'm not America. Um, I'm Canada, America's younger twin brother." He quietly says. My eyes widen in shock.

"T-twin?" I stuttered.

"Yeah. I get mistaken for America a lot. You're England right?" He asks.

"Yeah. How did you know?" I asked.

"Well, America seems to talk about you a lot." He smiled at me.

"Williams, you can go on a break." A female worker called out to him.

"Alright. Well I'm off now. It's glad to finally meet you England." He says as he waved me goodbye.

"Yeah, later." I said as I waved back. I walked out of the cafe and it was already noon. I chuckled to myself quietly.

"America sure was trying to be someone else. Like he has a twin brother named Canada." I said to myself as I walked off.