Seinaru Rōma Arc: Chapter 2

It was beginning to get dark, so me and Italy decided to walk home.

"Vee~! Thanks for inviting us over Austria and Hungary!" Italy says as he waved to them goodbye.

"No problem. We'll see you two at the festival." Hungary giggles as she waved back. We both walked along the trail back to our house. 

"Hey Italy, you know you could tell me anything right?" I asked him. He looked at me with confusion.

"Vee~? Si, of course! Why wouldn't I?" Italy asked.

"Well, I asked you about what happened to Holy Rome, but you seem to avoid my question." I told him. I noticed his face becoming dark again.

"I'm sorry vee~! I feel really tired, maybe we can talk about it another time?" Italy asks.

"Ja sure. I'm not forcing you to tell me." I told him. We finally arrived home and we begin to get ready for bed. We both climbed into bed together and got comfortable.

"Gute nacht Italy." I told him.

"Good night." Italy says softly as he cuddled next to me. What seemed like an hour, I began to drift off to sleep. I begin to have a strange dream.

***

I saw a girl wearing a maid outfit run up to me.

"Please don't go Holy Rome!" She shouted.

"Italy. I have to go fight during the war." I told her.

"W-wait! Please take this with you!" She handed me her own push broom, the one I would always see her clean with.

"A push broom. T-thank you Italy." I said as I took the push broom. The wind begins to blow, making my cape wave.

"Well, I'll give you something too. What do people do for someone they like at your home?" I asked her.

"They kiss I think." She says while blushing,

"I-I see. Italy, I've always loved you since the tenth century." I told her as I took her hands. We both leaned closer and our lips started to meet each others. We kissed for nearly a minute before we both pulled away.

"R-really?" She asked with tears in her eyes.

"Yeah." I told her. She gives me the happiest smile ever.

"I'm so glad to hear that!" She says.

"Well, I should be going Italy. When the war is over, I'll come back. I promise." I told him. Then I began to walk away.

"I'll be waiting for you Holy Rome! We'll meet again real soon." She called out. I smiled with tears in my eyes as I waved goodbye to her. No matter how many years past, I'll always love you.

***

My eyes widen as I woke up and gasped. What was that strange dream, and what did it mean? It was a dream right? Yet it feels like, it actually happened. What if I really am Holy Rome? I looked to my side, expecting Italy to be there but he wasn't. I'm guessing he woke up before me this time. I got up from bed and walked downstairs. Italy was in the kitchen, cooking bacon and eggs.

"Oh Italy, I didn't expect you to get up early." I said as I sat down.

"Oh, good morning Germany~! I made you breakfast!" He says as he handed a plate to me.

"Danke Italy." I said as I begin eating breakfast. Once we were both done, we headed out on our bikes and ride to the meeting.

"Hey Germany, I can't wait for everyone's ideas for the festival in two days." Italy says.