Meakashi-hen Arc: Chapter 4

I was lying on my bed, staring at my fingers which were covered with band aids. I was forgiven, and their last message to me was to forget about Prussia. I suddenly hear a knock on the door.

"Yes?" I called out.

"It's me!" It was America. I got up and opened the door for him. He had a guilty look on his face.

"Hey, have your nails healed?" He quietly asked while sitting besides me on the bed.

"The wounds have healed, but they're still crooked." I said while tapping my fingers onto the bed.

"I'm sorry.." America apologized, with guilt in his eyes.

"It's not your fault. You just followed your duties. I'm not angry." I said, giving him a reassuring smile.

"Will you really forgive me? Even the thing with Prussia? I knew that you had a crush on him."

"Well, I did admit it in front of all those people!" I said.

"But the President really thinks you showed responsibility with that!" America says.

"He better think that, since I've been through that much pain." I muttered softly.

"I heard Prussia disappeared yesterday. I wonder where he went." America quietly said. My eyes widen at this. Prussia disappeared!? But, how?! He can't disappear! Right after he said that, the demon awakened in me.

"O-oh, sorry. I'm sure you didn't know he disappeared. I don't really know anything about him." America says.

"You're lying." I muttered.

"It's true! Even the President doesn't know!" America insisted.

"Stop it, you're lying, you're lying!" I shouted. I pushed America to the ground and got on top of him. I placed my hands onto his neck, strangling him.

"You had Prussia spirited away by the demon! It was you, and the other people who did it! Give him back! Give me back my Prussia!" I screamed while choking him to death. He placed his hand onto mine and my eyes widen as I saw his fingernails.

"A-America, these are... Those are the same wounds I have." I stuttered. I stopped strangling him, allowing him to breath. Tears streamed down my brother's cheek.

"It wasn't fair to have only your nails torn off. Why only you, when we're twins?" He sobbed.

"For the first time, I yelled at my own President to leave you and Prussia alone. Then he said if you showed responsibility, he'd forgive you. That's why you two could've acted normally! But Prussia disappeared! Believe me Canada! I don't really know why he disappeared!" America sobbed loudly. I comforted him by giving him a small hug.

"America, I'm sorry. Were you in pain?" I asked him.

"You were in more pain, weren't you?" He sniffed. I told the demon inside me that I believe America. And at that time, I sealed away my feelings for Prussia. Deep in my heart.

***

Twenty years have past since that day. I was walking home one day until I bumped into a line of motorcycles.

"Ow! Jeez, who in the world would park here?!" I angrily kicked the motorcycle, making all three of them get knocked to the ground. Three men gathered around me in anger.

"Why you little brat!" One of them yelled. It's just like that time. I reached out for my taser until I heard someone's voice.

"That's enough!"

"What the hell do you want!?" One of the men asked.

"Prussia?" I asked. I got a better look of the guy. He had messy blonde hair, thick eyebrows, and green eyes.