Watanagashi-hen Arc: Chapter 5

The next morning, me and Japan decided to meet up at his house. I sat down on the mat between the table, where Japan sat on the other side.

"America-san would probably be sleeping in this weekend." Japan says.

"Yeah, he searched all night for France two nights ago and he helped us look for Italy and Germany. I wonder where they both went." I said.

"I talked to Spain the other day and he recalled seeing Germany-san going to the store to buy some groceries on his way back from the meeting." Japan says.

"Groceries?" I asked curiously.

"Yesterday at their home. I noticed lots of grocery bags and kitchen supplies out on the kitchen. It seems like they were going to cook something. I found a pot on the stove and there was pasta inside. It looked burnt. Italy-san never burns his pasta." Japan explains.

"That's odd." I told him.

"That means right up till dinner, Italy-san was there cooking. I also checked the fridge and I noticed two untouched dishes, which were all wrapped up. You wrap up leftovers you want to keep right? What do you think it means?" Japan asked.

"Maybe they didn't feel the need to eat anymore?" I asked.

"All of a sudden too. It seemed like they disappeared after they finished cooking dinner. Probably around seven." He tells me.

"Where do you think they went?" I asked.

"Well, while in the house, I noticed that Italy's tomato sauce was empty. From this point, this is just my theory, but I think he went out to get more tomato sauce from the neighbors. Since Italy-san hadn't came back for a while, Germany called the house where he went to get tomato sauce." Japan explained.

"I think they responded like this, "We have dinner ready, so you should come over too. Italy-san is already eating." Japan says.

"Then where did Italy go to get more tomato sauce?" I asked him. Japan shrugged.

"I don't know. That was just my speculation on this. I notified the police last night about this. I hope they'll be found soon." Japan says.

"Hey Japan, you know on the festival night I-"

"You sneaked into the forbidden shrine." Japan interrupted me.

"How did you know?" I asked.

"We Japanese have a fifth sense. America-san was really mad." Japan calmly says.

"Say Japan, did you notice anything strange about America last night?" I asked him, hoping he did.

"Hm, well I did notice he was a bit tired then usual. He also seemed like he was in a hurry to get somewhere." He replied.

"Japan, do you think America may be involved in their disappearances?" I asked him.

"I-I don't know. But they are his enemy but I don't think he would go that far and kidnap both of them." Japan says. 

"I mean we did capture Italy many times but we never captured both of them. He also was acting weird when he helped me on the ladder. He was shaking it violently and kept saying that it was Germany's fault or something." I added. Japan suddenly stands up.

"I think we should ask America about it. Since your his ally, maybe he would let them go." Japan says.

"Yeah you're right. But if he's involved in all the disappearances, why would he capture France?" I asked.

"I have no idea. But we should be going." Japan says as he began to walk out. I walk along with him as we begin to head towards America's house.

***

We finally reached America's house and it was quiet then usual. I began to knock on the door. I heard footsteps, then the door opened and revealed America who gave us a nervous smile.

"Yo dudes. Why are you here?" He asked.

"America-san. We came to talk to you." Japan quietly says as we walked in.

"Well okay then." America flopped down on his couch while we stood in front of him.

"America, you called Italy and Germany over yesterday right?" I asked him.

"Italy-san should've came before dinnertime in the evening. He came to borrow some more tomato sauce." Japan stated. I noticed America's eyes widen.

"And then you must of did something to him. Then you called Germany-san to come over too right? Where are they? What did you do to them?" Japan demanded, he began to sound less calm. America's hands twitched and then he looked straight at us. He began to giggle softly at us. Then those giggles would turn into a psychotic laugh.

"Oh man! You're good! I give up!" America laughed loudly. Me and Japan both glared at him. His laughter began to slow down as he smirked at the two of us.

"I had to get rid of them." America muttered.

"Wait, you k-killed them!?" I shouted. I noticed America's eyes seem to lose sanity.

"Yes, I admit it to murdering them both." America laughed.

"Then you also killed France-san too, right?" Japan asked. America stared at the ground for a few minutes, before getting up.

"I couldn't control myself back then. I just found out, that I was possess by a demon." America told us.

"It's okay America-san, we understand. But that still doesn't excuse your actions. I'd notified the police already, and their parked in front of you're house." Japan says.

"Is that so? Well I guess this is the end for me." America says.

"Just turn yourself in! We'll go with you! We'll never leave a friend of ours alone." Japan says. America laughed once more.

"Guess I can't argue with that! But before we do that, I'd like to spend time with England alone for a few minutes." America says with a smile.

***

I followed America outside of his backyard. America walked beside me as he lead me.

"May I hold your arm?" America asked while blushing.

"I-I don't mind." I said as I felt my face turn pink. I felt America now holding onto my arm as we both walked.

"It seemed that Canada also liked you." He says.

"R-really? Do you know where Canada is?" I stopped as I turned to ask him.

"I know where he is. Come with me. I'll show you where he's at." America said with a serious face.

"Alright." I told him. I followed him to some door beneath a hill. We entered into this dark chamber which hardly had any light inside. He lead me to a path where there was tons of cells around us.

"Where's Italy, Germany, and France?" I asked him.

"I didn't want maggots to come, so I threw their corpses in the well. Sorry." America muttered. I noticed someone in a cell. I looked a bit closely and I noticed it was Canada.

"Canada!" I called out as I ran towards his cell.

"England? England! England!" Canada smiled as he crawled closer to me.

"Thank bloody hell you're okay." I comforted him. Suddenly, Canada's eyes widen, and he began to scream.

"Nooooo! I can't take this anymore!! If you hate me, kill me! Hurry up and kill me!!!" Canada screamed as he backed up away from me.

"Calm down Canada, it's all over!" I told him.

"If you really want to die badly, after I kill this guy, I'll slowly make you into meat." I heard America say in a sadistic tone. The last thing I saw was America aiming a rock over my head. Then everything went black.