Tsumihoroboshi-hen Arc: Chapter 3

Germany's P.O.V

"Italy is hiding?" I asked Japan as we stood outside his house.

"I heard the police were looking for him as well." Japan adds.

"Could it be that they've found the corpses we hid?" I asked him.

"Well, actually." Japan laughed nervously.

"I had those bodies disposed at a secret area. This summer, there seems to be a plan to deforest  the mountain forest where we hid the bodies. So I went ahead and took care of it." Japan explains.

"I see. Then why are the police looking for Italy?" I asked. He shrugged.

"I don't know. But I've told a couple of my relatives to secure Italy-san's safety." He says.

"Well, if you find Italy, call me immediately." I ordered.

"Of course. I'll see you later Germany-san." Japan bowed as he walked away. I stood there, frozen for a moment.

"Where did Italy go?" I asked myself. My eyes widen in realization. 

"It can't be." I said. I ran off towards the woods. Me and Italy had a secret hideout in the woods, that only he and I know about. I turned on my flashlight and looked around the place. All of the usual stuff was here before. I suddenly saw something move in the bushes. I shined the light towards it, and it was Italy.

"Italy!" I shouted as I walked towards him.

"You too, Germany?" He asked.

"It's not safe here anymore, so I'm about to leave. I don't want you to know where, so don't follow me." He muttered. My eyes widen as I noticed his neck. They were covered with bandages, and they look red.

"I-Italy what happened!? Your neck is all red!" I shouted.

"Oh this? It's nothing, I'm fine." He muttered.

"Oh, and Germany? This afternoon, I went to the place where we hid the body. And then guess what? The bodies were gone. Somebody dug them up and took them!" He loudly says.

"T-That's.." I stuttered.

"The only ones who knew we hid them there are the people who were there."

"Um, that's.." I paused.

"So it was Japan." Italy spatted out like toxic.

"That's not true!" I shouted at him.

"Japan betrayed me." He coldly says to me.

"How could Japan betray you!? We're friends! A team!" I shouted at him. I noticed Italy was angrily clenching his teeth.

"Why are you supporting Japan?" He angrily asked me.

"The body isn't there because Japan dug them up but.."

"So it was him!" He angrily shouted. I jumped, as I never heard Italy this angry before. This was so out of character for someone cute and cheerful like Italy.

"He found out that there was a plan to deforest the area. So Japan dug up the body parts in order to protect you." I explained to him. Italy let out a little giggle.

"That has to be a lie." He said while smirking.

"Then what should we have done? Leave it there? How could we do that?!" I demanded. I noticed Italy's beautiful colored honey eyes turned dark, like they lost their color.

"Who cares now. I'll tell you to the truth. The real truth that I haven't told you." He mutters.

"The truth?" I asked him.