Tsumihoroboshi-hen Arc: Chapter 1

"I wonder how much effort is needed. for a person to become happy." A country with auburn hair with a curl says as he stands outside a  graveyard. Seven other countries stood there, watching him.

"I think misfortunes cause chain reactions. Once is starts. it's difficult to get out of it. In order to escape, it takes great effort. You can finally grasp it after you give it your very best. I think that is what happiness means." The Italian man says as he looked at all the other countries.

"Even so, I guess I'm not going to expect everyone to accept that. Well, let's begin! This is my story on how I got here." He said to all of them.

***

Italy's P.O.V

I felt my eyes slowly opening after a rise of sunlight lite the room. I quickly jumped out of the bed and walked towards the kitchen. I rubbed my eyes as I walked in the kitchen. I saw Germany cooking eggs and bacon on the stove. I walked behind him and wrapped my arms around him, making him jump.

"Vee~! Good morning Germany!" I cheerfully said.

"J-Ja, guten morgen Italy." He said while giving me a small smile. I hummed to myself as I sat down at the dining table, waiting for breakfast. Once breakfast was done, Germany sat at the table across from me.

"Hey Germany, after the meeting today, I'm going to go visit my big brother Romano! Would you like to come with me?" I asked him as I took a bite of my bacon. Germany shook his dead.

"No danke, I'm sure your brother don't want me there. Besides, you should go spend time with him, since you haven't in a while." He says.

"Si, you have a point." I said. After we finished breakfast, we both changed into our uniforms and headed out to the meeting. 

***

After the long boring meeting, me and Germany decided to head to a cafe before I went to go to Romano's house. We went in and ordered both of us some coffee. We sat down at a table, sipping our coffee.

"Oh, Italy! What a coincidence meeting you here." A voice called out. Me and Germany turned our heads and saw a guy with brown hair with a ponytail and purple eyes. He had a Spanish accent like Spain's. His name was Andres, Romano's boyfriend.

"Oh, Andres! Ciao!" I greeted.

"Listen to this Italy. Would you like to help me pick out some treats for Romano?" He asked me.

"Me? Can I? Can I? Vee~!" I cheered as I ran towards the counter.

"Choose whichever you like." He says to me. 

"I want that one!" I pointed to a chocolate glazed doughnut.

"Alright, I'll take two jelly filled doughnuts, and a chocolate glazed doughnut." He tells to cashier.

"Here you go." The cashier says as he handed Andres a box of doughnuts. Andres opened the box and gave me my doughnut.

"Here you go amigo, you deserved it!" He smiled at me.

"Ah, grazie!" I said as I took a bite of the doughnut.

"We better should be leaving then." Germany says as he stood up and walked towards the door.

"I'll see you at Romano's house!" I called out. Andres smiled and waved me goodbye. Me and Germany decided to walk to fratello's house together.

"Hey, Germany?" I asked.

"Hm?"

"Do you think, happy days last forever?" I asked him. Germany looked at me like he was confused.