Watanagashi-hen Arc: Chapter 4

The next morning I got up early so I could water my garden outside. I got up from my chair and grabbed my watering can. I stepped outside and I began to water my plants. While I was doing that, I begin to think about what Finland and Canada told me a few days ago.

"Do you believe in curses?" Finland asks.

"The thing is, every twenty years on the day of the festival, someone is murdered." Canada explains.

If it's the curse, Canada and I will disappear because we entered the forbidden shrine? No that's impossible. I shouldn't be thinking of these sort of things. I suddenly dropped my watering can as I saw someone in the distance. It was Italy. I have no idea why he was on my property, but he was kneeling down with tears in his eyes.

"Italy? Are you alright lad?" I asked as I walked towards him. He wiped the tears away from his face.

"I'm fine. Don't mind me." Italy says. I then felt him grab my shirt, not forcefully but gently.

"England. Did you do something bad during the festival?" He asked with tears in his eyes. My eyes widen at this. How could Italy possibly know?

"England?" He slowly lift his grasped off my shirt.

"Sorry for asking you such a strange question. Please forget about it. Vee~!" Italy says as he began to jog away from me.

"W-wait!" I called out to him. He turned around and faced me. I want to say it but, I know that he is the grandson of The Roman Empire. He wouldn't forgive anyone who has been cursed by him.

"On the festival night, I heard a cat sneaked inside the forbidden shrine." Italy says.

"A cat?" I asked.

"Yea a cat! Meow~! The cat saw what was inside and got scared and ran away." Italy says.

"What should that cat do for now on?" I asked him.

"Vee~?" Italy curiously turned to look back at me.

"The dog watched as the cat sneaked inside. They keep taking turns asking the cat whether it sneaked in." I explained.

"It'll be alright because I'll protect the cat! It could be that the dogs may have just misunderstood. It'll be tough but I'll do my best! Leave it to me!" Italy cheered.

"But the older brother cat is upset. Since the little brother cat did a bad thing, he's really upset." Italy quietly says. Older brother cat? Does he mean America?

"Well, Germany needs me now. Ciao!" Italy cheerfully ran off. I shook my head as I went back inside my house.

Hours past and it began to get dark. I regretted telling Italy everything. It's strange because he spoke like he was there, in such detail. My phone began to ring. I groaned once again and picked up.

"Hello?"

"It's Canada." Canada says on the other line.

"Canada! I'm sorry about what I said yesterday. I guess I got carried away. Sorry for blaming everything on you." I apologized.

"It's alright, I forgive you. For now own, let's inform each other our concerns." He says.

"Yeah alright."

"So did you heard? France had gone missing." I felt my blood went cold.

"France? He went missing?" I asked.

"Yeah. I don't know what to do. Yesterday I told him about that night. It's all my fault!" Canada cried.

"Calm down, it wasn't your fault." I told him.