Meakashi-hen Arc: Chapter 3

I laid down on the guest bed and I started to fall asleep, that was until I heard the phone ring. I picked up the house phone and answered it.

"Hallo, is this America?" A familiar voice asked on the other line.

"Oh um, no this is Canada!" I told him.

"Oh, Canada, it's been a while. Tell your brother to stop being an asshole." I smiled nervously.

"What did he do?" I asked him.

"Yesterday's meeting he decided to give West a hard time. It pissed me off. I was calling so I could call him out for what he did the other day." He told me. His voice sounded obviously upset.

"I'm sorry about that." I said quietly into the phone.

"It's okay. It's not you're fault birdie. I'll never forgive the people who blamed us till this point. You're definitely not one of them. I trust you." Prussia says.

"So, are you alright with everything?" I asked him as I laid on the bed.

"I'm gonna stop coming to meetings from now on. I don't wanna be around those assholes. Plus, Germany's the one who's struggling the most." He said. I could hear him clinch his teeth in anger.

"Germany is? Is he alright?" I asked him.

"He's barely hanging in there. But, I'm going to punish the ones who hurt him." I flinched as I heard him say that.

"Hey, Canada. Tomorrow at the World Nation Festival, can you make sure Germany is okay?" He asked me.

"Y-yeah. Why? Won't you be there?" I asked him.

"I have to take care of something tomorrow. So I can't go." He replied.

"Alright. I'll look out for him." I told him.

"Hey Canada? You don't believe in it right?" Prussia asked.

"What?" I asked.

"The Roman Empire's curse." He coldly mutters.

"Where did that come from?" I laughed nervously.

"The Roman Empire curses those who tries to disappear." He quietly says. I laughed nervously once more.

"What do you mean? Are you trying to disappear?"

"I don't feel like it anymore. I haven't been forgiven yet."

"Hm?" I was confused. What was Prussia talking about?

"I have to go, I need to do something. Oh and Canada, I'm leaving you to look after Germany." Prussia says. After saying that, he immediately hangs up on me.

"Prussia?" I asked, very confused. Why did he hung up so fast? Was he planning to do something? I don't know, but I knew something was bothering him.

***

A few days later, I woke to hear America walking into my room.

"Hey what is it?" I asked him. He walked towards the bed and sat down next to me.

"Did you hear about last night? England's older brother Scotland was killed." America tells me.

"Scotland? Did they know who did it?" America shrugs.

"The police are still looking into it, but it was probably someone from the festival since the murder was in the woods next to the festival." He explained.

"Hey, do you know why Prussia didn't come?" I asked him.

"I heard about him running some errands that night but that was about it." He replied.