Jeremike - "First Encounter"

Jeremy was never the popular kid in school. All throughout his school career he seemed to get by unnoticed. Being the shy and introverted person he was, he never really minded being alone. He was used to it. During high school, however, that changed. Bullies were waiting for him everyday, wanting to pick on him for his slender frame or his stutter. Back then, his stutter was terrible (or as the bullies said it: "t-t-terrible"). He wouldn't cease to be bullied by random kids who felt the need to pick on someone weaker than them to make them seem less weak by comparison. Mike was in the same boat sort of. Instead of being alone because he was shy, Mike didn't want to deal with other people's shit. He was aggressive, pushy, and drunk most of the time, so no one really bothered him.
"Hey, F-F-Fitzgerald!" A bully yelled in the hallway, pushing a sophomore kid to the ground. The kid didn't want to fight back, it seemed. It was like he's experienced this before somewhere else... He was helpless. Mike rolled his eyes at the scene.
"Asshole juniors..." He mumbled to himself as he walked over to the circle of bullies who were spitting on and cursing at this poor student. "Knock it off, douchebag!" Mike punched the lead bully in the face, looking at the rest of his possey, sending them running.
"T-Thank y-you..." Jeremy shyly said as Mike grabbed his arm to help him off the ground.
"No problem. I'm Mike, by the way."
"J-Jeremy."

And the rest is history.