Purplephone - "Trying to Move On"

(Prompt from Lady_of_Erudite's Writing Prompts book)

No matter what I do, somehow I'm always led back to Vincent

No matter what I do, somehow I'm always led back to Vincent. We've been fighting for ages, and suddenly, he cut ties with me, dropping his wedding ring to the ground, and leaving what was once known as our front door with his suitcase. That was a year ago, today. Whatever I do, he's stuck in my mind. I always see us going out to dinner, smiling, laughing, kissing. I've turned all of our wedding pictures facedown, deleted all of his photos from my phone, and erased his number, but he's still ingrained in my memory. It doesn't help that we're not officially divorced yet, or that I'm still wearing my wedding band. There's just something in me that wants to keep a hold on him and never let go. That piece of me still has hope that we could go back to the way we used to be. But, reality called. Vincent was all over social media with a new girlfriend, proudly flaunting that he could pick up any sex that he wanted to. Yeah, I was sad, but I was also happy for him. Happy that Vincent found happiness and peace in another. But even if he's moved on, I sure as hell haven't yet.