Chapter 40

CARTERS POV

I was a feeding Ruby and Ashton mashed potato's which Ashton seemed to like but I couldn't get Ruby to eat. Phil came down and feed Ruby some Carrots, which she ate, and went to make him and I some breakfast. Kylie and Roman had to go on tour again. I think they were in Green Bay now.

After everyone had eaten we cleaned up because Phil and my parents were all coming in. I was really excited. I cleaned the main floor and the kitchen while Phil cleaned the upstairs and the basement. After I had finished I checked on the twins who were napping. I smiled and went to find Phil. He was in the basement he has just put the vacuum in the closet. I jumped on his back.

"Hello." He said. "Hiiii!" He chuckled and spun me around. We heard the doorbell. "Just in time." I said and hopped down. We went to answer the door. Phil's parents had arrived first. I gave them both a hug as did Phil. "Okay so where are they?" His mom asked. I lead her to their room while Phil talked to his dad.

"As they are so precious. May I hold on?" She asked. "Of course." Ashton was already awake so I picked him up and gave him to his grandma. "Aw he has your eyes." She said I smiled. "Yeah and I bet he'll have Phil's attitude he's already stubborn like him." She smiled. Ruby started crying so I picked her up and rocked her. Phil and his dad came in. "Aw well look what we have here." He said.

"This is Ruby and that's Ashton." Phil said. "They are really something." His dad said. "May I?" He asked. "Sure." I gave him Ruby. "Are you a cutie." He said. "I'll go get your bags." Phil said and left. Ashton started crying. "I think he needs to be changed." Phil's mom said. "I got him." I said. "No, no I'll do it god knows I changed Phil's dippers enough." I smiled and she went to change him.

"That lady is crazy. I guess us Brooks men have an eye for pretty, crazy women" His dad said. I smiled. "Are you calling me crazy?" I asked. "Oh well as Phil describes some of your time together yes." I smiled and Phil walked in. "Phil what?" He said. "You call me crazy?" I asked he looked at his dad. "I used the word interject." He said I smiled and the door bell rang.

"I'll get it." I said and went to greet my parents I gave them each a hug. "Here I'll take your bags to Phil and I's room." I said taking the bags from my mom. I put them in their room and saw my mom had already found the way to the baby's. Our parents were talking and Phil was taking the baby's stuff downstairs. We were staying down there with them so our parents could have the guest room and our room.

He came back up after taking the last things down there. He put his arm around my waist as we watched our parents hold and play with Ashton and Ruby. "This won't be to bad will it?" He asked. "No, it will be fine." I replied.

"I have an idea" My mom said. Oh god her ideas are slightly less then horrible. "How about we watch the baby's tonight and you guys go out on a date." She said. "Oh that's okay you guys just got here you must be tired." I said. "No come on you two have been taking care of them for awhile now, go on have some fun." Phil's mom joined in. "We insist." They all said. "Come on it will be fun." Phil said. "Okay but if you get tired or anything just call." I said. "Alright, alright go get ready."

I took a shower and did my hair. I put on a pair of cute shorts and a cute crop top and some flip flops since Phil said we were going to be at the beach. I walked down stairs and Phil was waiting in shorts and a T-shirt with his tennis shoes on. I gave Phil and my parents a hug and thanked them then we got in the car and drove to the beach.

I got out and Phil came around and grabbed my hand. We took our shoes off and walked along the beach. The sun had just started to go down. I turned to watch it and Phil wrapped his arms around my waist. "It's beautiful." I said. "Not as beautiful as you." I smiled and he kissed my head. We kept walking until he looked at the water then me. "Don't even think-" he cut me off by picking me up bridal style and running into the water.