Past I

Seokjin's Pov

I gulped the entire glass of vodka at once letting its strong taste burning my throat. I felt like I was drowning in the sea of misery, the feeling of suffocation was choking me up but there was no escape from it. A wet droplet of tears rolled down my bruised face. 

All this time I was getting myself drunk to deal with my situation but today not even getting drunk was taking away the emotions of despair that I had been coping with.

I cursed myself for falling in love with someone I could never have.

From the first time I held her hand, I knew we could never be together but still, I ended up losing myself to her. Ever since I broke up with her I have been living in hell, it was the hardest thing to do and even though I felt like I was dying I had to let her go.  

(Flashback)

"Hyung.." Jungkook opened the door of my room with a slam making me jolt up in shock. I immediately cast the book I was reading aside and rushed beside my little brother.

Jungkook's face looked pale as if he had just seen a ghost and his breathing was fast and loud. I held his trembling hand and guided him to sit on my bed. 

"What happened?" I questioned him in worry.

I had never seen him this way before, he looked too scared and lost. He kept on staring at the wall with wide eyes and a slightly open mouth as he tried to take a hold of himself.

"She...Jennie..I" he shuttered trying to find exact words to speak, his eyes were starting to get teary. 

"Calm down ok! I am here everything will be alright just take a few deep breaths then tell me what happened. First, drink this" I tried to soothe him down as I handed him a bottle of water and rubbed circles on his back as he was still shaking.

He drank the content of the bottle at once and took a deep breath after rubbing his face with his palm and he finally spoke.

"My girlfriend..." he stopped again. I could clearly see the fear in his eyes and it made my heart race in nervousness.

"She is... she is dead" My heart stopped, I felt numb after hearing his words, I couldn't apprehend a single word he spoke after that, I blankly stared at his face which was now in a crying mess.

"It's all fine! I'm here" Was all I could say and I engulfed my little brother in my arms.

"She will hate me now! Saya will hate me" he mumbled in my arms sniffing.

"shuush we will make her understand okay "I calmed him by patting his back. 

(1 day later)

I stood by the tree observing the funeral. People were dressed in all black and mourning the death of the girl who had tragically taken her life in depression. I could hear people whispering sympathizing with the young girl and talking about how she had been visiting a psychiatrist for a while due to her depression and anger issues.

Some were blaming her parents for their negligence, some were blaming my brother for being the last driving factor for her action.

Jungkook was also dressed in black along with some of his classmates, he had his head hung low. He had requested me to accompany him to the funeral saying he didn't have the courage to face it alone.

I saw a girl approaching him and I immediately recognized her. She was undoubtedly beautiful even when her eyes were puffy red probably due to excessive crying. She was wearing a black dress as well and her hair was messily tied into a ponytail.