Realizations

Saya nervously adjusted her sitting position, feeling the weight of the lie she had just told her friends. If she revealed the truth about the tumultuous events of the past few days, she knew Mia would insist on taking drastic action, possibly dragging her back to Busan against her will. Deep down, Saya believed she could handle the situation on her own, despite the challenges she faced.

"Yeah, someone caught my interest," Saya replied, forcing a smile to match Mia's excitement.

"I knew it!" Mia exclaimed, her eyes shining with approval. "Sending you here was definitely the right decision."

Saya bit her lower lip, trying to maintain her composure. She hated deceiving her friends, especially when they were genuinely happy for her. The weight of her secret pressed on her conscience, but she pushed those thoughts aside, determined to keep them from worrying.

"Tell us everything!" Mia urged, leaning forward eagerly.

Saya took a deep breath, fabricating details about a fictional person she supposedly met. As she spun her tale, she couldn't help but feel a pang of guilt. Yet, she knew that for now, keeping her true experiences hidden was the best way to protect herself and prevent unnecessary concern from her closest friends.

"Who is this person? What's their name?" Mia and Yeona bombarded Saya with questions, catching her off guard. She scrambled internally, desperately needing to come up with believable answers on the spot. Taking a deep breath to steady herself, she blurted out the first name that came to mind.

"Jimin!" Saya mentally cursed herself for the hasty response.

"Is he hot?" Yeona asked, her eyes sparkling with curiosity.

"Uh, yeah, very!" Saya replied, wincing inwardly at her own awkwardness.

"Tell us more about him!" Yeona exclaimed eagerly.

Saya's mind raced. "Um, well, he's... really into music and... he's super funny," she stammered, her voice betraying her panic. She nervously twirled a strand of hair around her finger, a habit she often fell into when anxious.

"Sounds amazing!" Mia chimed in, oblivious to Saya's inner turmoil.

"Yeah, tell us everything!" Yeona urged, leaning in expectantly.

Damn!! what am I supposed to say about him? I am in a mess now. She was panicking. She took a strand of her hair and began to roll it in her finger.

"Umm, he's on the football team. He's smart and kind, exactly my type of man, and we really get along," Saya fabricated, hoping her friends wouldn't probe further. After all, it seemed harmless enough—she doubted they'd ever meet him.

"Wooaaah!" Mia and Yeona exclaimed in unison, their excitement palpable.

Mia enveloped Saya in a tight hug, squeezing the air out of her. "I'm so glad you're moving on from Seokjin," she gushed, unknowingly hitting a sore spot. Saya forced a smile, burying the twinge of pain that name always brought.

"I want to see him!" Yeona chimed in eagerly, clapping her hands together.

"Someday! But let's celebrate today—it's my birthday, come on," Saya quickly suggested, attempting to steer the conversation away from her nonexistent boyfriend.

"Let's go clubbing!" Yeona cheered, bouncing around the room in spontaneous dance moves, eliciting laughter from everyone.

"I wonder how Yoongi Oppa handles this side of her," Saya chuckled to herself, amused by Yeona's lively antics.

"Alright, let's go and rock the world!" Mia exclaimed with infectious enthusiasm, gearing up for a night of celebration.

The three friends quickly got ready, each adding their own flair to their outfits as they prepared for a night out on the town. Mia, always the fashionista, opted for a sleek black dress that hugged her curves perfectly, accentuating her confidence. Yeona, on the other hand, went for a more playful look with a colorful top and jeans, her vibrant personality shining through her choice of attire.