31 | Ticking Clocks

2016 Tree Hill, North Carolina

Keith's wedding day has arrived.

Logan felt sick to her stomach about everything. Jules asked Logan if she wanted to be a bridesmaid because Keith is her uncle, but she respectfully declined and told Jules she had to understand why, which she did. Instead, Jules asked both of Logan's moms to be bridesmaids, which the girl thought was even weirder.

It was the weekend, which meant Logan was at the Scott House. Nathan was there with her, hanging out with her and Lucas. After Logan and Nathan spent those few hours in jail and Logan confessed everything, their relationship improved. Nathan also agreed to hear Lucas out and Lucas explained the other reason he's living with Dan is because Dan is paying for his HCM medication.

His anger toward them dissipated once Nathan finally realized his siblings did not willingly move in with their father. Nathan was going through the fridge, putting yogurt and other things in his bag. Logan shook her head as she rolled her eyes. She told Nathan she was going to the store tomorrow and to give her a list of what he wanted.

Lucas walked to the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water, tossed it to his sister, and then grabbed one for himself. Then he looked at Nathan. "Just leave the caviar. I've acquired a taste for it," Lucas teased. Nathan laughed as Lucas sat down at the table. Logan was on top of the counter, and Nathan was still at the fridge.

"You know there's going to be food at Keith's wedding, right? And I told you to give me a list because I'm getting groceries tomorrow," Logan said. Nathan shrugged.

"I'm not going to the wedding, and I left the list in your room," Nathan said.

"Come on, Nate. He's our Uncle. You're really not going to his wedding?" Logan asked.

"Yeah, Nate... don't do that to him," Lucas agreed.

"Look who's talking. I can't believe the two of you are actually letting him go through with this," Nathan said. Logan looked at Lucas because their brother was right. She couldn't believe they were letting Keith go through with it either. If he ever found out the truth and found out that they knew the truth and didn't tell him, he'd be pissed.

But then again, he also knew the truth about what Dan did and never spoke up... maybe he'd think they were even, no matter how messed up that sounded.

"He loves her... she loves him. She just made a mistake. You gonna crucify her for the rest of her life?" Lucas asked. Logan knew he was also referring to Haley in that.

"Haley called this morning," Nathan said.

"Nate! That's amazing. What did she say?" Logan asked.

"Yeah... she called to tell me she's going to be on TV today. You believe that?" He asked and Logan scoffed while shaking her head. Haley has barely called or kept in touch since she left, and when she does finally call her husband, it's only to tell him that she's going to be on TV.

Logan thought that was extremely selfish.

"It's still awesome for her man," Lucas said and Logan shook her head.

"Okay, Luke, we know you're biased to her because she's your best friend and all, but where's your sibling loyalty? Nathan hasn't heard from her since she left, weeks ago, and when she finally does call, it's only to tell Nathan she's going to be on TV. She didn't even ask how he was. That's incredibly rude," Logan said. Lucas sighed but he didn't respond.

"Whatever, it doesn't matter," Nathan said as he grabbed a water bottle from the fridge.

"Look, Nate. I think you should come to the wedding," Lucas said and Logan nodded.