002

Paxton Flynn

"Is the meatloaf good?" Ryder asked.

"I'm not talking to you." I answered her walking to our seat. She reached for my food and I almost forked her fingers.

"Oh come on, just because I didn't switch with you?" She asked.

"Yes." I answered sitting down on the seat. We weren't the only ones in the seat. There were a few other friends but only three of us here really talked and were close.

"Hey Landon," I greeted shaking hands with him and waving at the others.

"What's up bro?"

"Phew thank God you didn't say 'bra' I don't understand that slang at all. And what's up? Ask Ryder." I threw her a stink eye as she sat down too.

"Landon can you believe Pax's not talking to me because I refused to switch seats with him when Sebastian Crown sat beside him." Ryder blabbed.

Landon's eyes widened, "you sat next to Crown?"

"Yeah, for five minutes. I switched with Janey."

Landon pat my back as reward, then turned to Ryder. "That was cruel Ry, do you have any idea how Paxton gets in front of a crush?"

Ryder rolled her eyes biting off her homemade sandwich. "Sebastian might be different. Pax has to get courage."

"Um I'm right here." I pointed out glaring at her, "and Sebastian is not gay."

"Debatable." Landon and Ryder say at the same time.

"I've never seen him with a girl." Landon said.

"Me neither." Ry added.

"I've never seen him with a guy either." I said and they shut up for some time until Ryder found what to say.

"You're gay and I've never seen you with a guy in school."

I glared at her. "Sebastian is not gay. I would know if he was. Gaydar sense."

"Isn't having feelings enough gaydar?" Landon asked no one in particular, picking on his veggies and avoiding my eyes.

"No. These are just misplaced feelings. It would go away as long as I continue to avoid him." I say fixing my eyes on Ryder.

"Whatever, you're so boring." Ryder waved me off, turning to Stephanie who was sitting beside her.

I rolled my eyes and started eating my lunch. My two best friends don't understand a thing. I don't think they know the pain of unrequited feelings. They keep encouraging me to own up to my feelings and Ryder has this weird idea that Sebastian and I were meant to be even when we haven't ever exchange more than two words. And he's not gay!

Having feelings for a straight guy is the worst thing ever. Too bad I'm not lucky enough. Yes, we've never seen him with a girl or guy ever since he appeared to this school but he's different from the rest. Really really good looking, amazing body, impeccable fashion.

He's quiet, always on his own. He hasn't made any friends even though he has been approached by many. When girls flock around him, he just gives them a deathly glare that has them running and shaking. He's in the sport team, as punishment from the principal. He has this I don't care attitude and because of this many have labelled him a rebel. And oh he always always chews on a bubblegum. Always. And its annoying.

So he's not gay. Period.

-*-*-*-

"Pax, you have to sit with me in chem class." Ryder says linking our arms and giving me the puppy dog's eyes.