025

Paxton Flynn

I snuck back into my house at 6am. I had to wait outside, hiding behind the neighbors bushes as I saw my mum leave the house, fully dressed for work. After her car turned around the corner, I said goodbye to Sebastian and hurried into the house.

I was happy. I was so happy, the little hangover I had was not affecting me at all. One of the reasons why I was happy was because I rode on Sebastian's bike again. I was going to leave quietly after I woke up and couldn't for the life of me catch anymore sleep, but then Sebastian woke up too and insisted on giving me a ride. Another reason why I was happy was because last night was fabulous. I didn't return to the quest room anymore, Sebastian and I played competitive games until midnight. Then hunger stroked like a bitch and he got me beers with chips and biscuits.

I drank and we ate. We argued about who was a better player and bragged about how much games we've played in forever. I told Sebastian a lot about Percy, his good and bad sides, sharing stories about us and how competitive we get. Sebastian also told me about his friends back in Chicago. We talked and talked and I don't really know when we eventually slept. I woke up this morning in an uncomfortable position, my whole body littered with chips. One thing was sure, I had a great time and he actually let me have a shirt of his.

I tiptoed into my room and the first thing I saw was Ryder, snoring peacefully on my bed. She had a shirt on and one of her ass cheek was out to my view from where the shirt had gone up with all her turning around. I walked over to her and pried the shirt down to cover her butt, then used the comforter to cover her up. She must still be having problems at home. I feel bad for not being here for her but I also trust Percy to be an annoying source of Flirty distractions.

I slumped down on Percy bed forgetting for that minute that it was indeed his bed as my thoughts floated around. Sebastian Crown, Sebastian Crown, can Spencer Caldwell really cure me?

I wouldn't know without trying.

*-*-*

"You wouldn't believe what he said to me yesterday." Ryder said pulling out the toast from the toaster and joining it on the plate with others.

"What?" I asked carefully cutting up fruits into small shapes and sizes.

She turned to me placing a hand on her hip. "I took Landon's advice, trying to civilize with the mutant asshole--" I winced, happy that Tricia wasn't here. "and I walked over to him, asking him about what he thought about everything. I wanted us to join heads and think but then he, the fucking dickward had the nerve to tell me that it wasn't any of his concern, as long as he had a roof over his head, money and food, my parents can kill themselves for all he cared. He even called my mum a selfish whore for making too noise and disturbing everyone with her stupid needs."

"Damn. That was crossing a line." I said shaking my head in disapproval.

"I know right!" She said flailing her hands up in the air before pouring the egg into the pan. "He's the cause and he's the bastard child, yet he has the nerve to call my mum a whore. I've never insulted his mum." She flapped the egg. "And he's the one adding to my mum's frustrations. Always talking out of line. Putting his music to the Max. Disobedience and disregard for everyone. Worst, my dad doesn't say anything to him because he feels 'guilty'. What about me?!"

I picked up a fruit and held it up to her, she opened her mouth and I threw it in. She sighed. "Thanks Pax."

"No problemo." When Ryder is in one of her annoyed ranting moods, I just listen. Sometimes all she needs is to get it off her chest. "Ry maybe you should just focus on your mother now. She needs you more than ever. An alibi."