Author's Note

**THIS IS THE FIRST DRAFT AND RIDDLED WITH MISTAKES. I AM CURRENTLY EDITING IT** *OFFLINE AND WILL POST A NEW STORY OF IT WHEN IT'S READY. THIS DRAFT SHOULDN'T* **BE EFFECTED. THE SECOND DRAFT IS ALREADY WAY BETTER SO GET READY FOR THAT**

Hi all! I'm so glad you decided to give this book a chance. I just wanted to say some things before the story, but feel free to skip if you just want to get right into it.

- First off, I have already grown as a writer so much since I started posting on Wattpad. Because my writing is evolving so quickly, expect edits and improvements.

- Obviously, all images are loosely how I imagine the characters. It's hard to find the right pictures though, so anything written trumps anything pictured. Example- Melody's hair is pure white regardless of if the picture has dark roots.

-This was previously written with every chapter alternating between Melody's POV and Alex's POV, but in the current draft every chapter is in Melody's. **This is no longer completely true. Some are in Alex's and some are third person. This is being regulated in the second draft I'm planning on posting in the future**

- I have characters from different countries, but I am from the US and it's proving a challenge to figure out how people from those countries around the time these characters were there talk so that part is lacking a bit. I intend to keep researching and adjusting their speaking to fix it, but right now they probably aren't going to say things they probably should. I am aware and I promise I'm not 'whitewashing' anyone.

Below are some pictures of how I imagine the characters. The ones without names are revealed later. I just didn't want to ruin anything. Feel free to think of them however you want though! That's part of the fun of reading, isn't it?

Melody

Mr. Alexander Douglas

 Alexander Douglas

Jack