38- Talk To Me

"Are you sure about this?" Aiden asked for the third time this morning.

"He's gonna find out eventually." I said. "Soph and Garrett know, which means Jack is gonna know, which means everyone's gonna know. He should be warned before people start freaking out."

Aiden didn't like it and, to be honest, neither did I, though probably for different reasons. He just hated vampires period, especially after Saul bit him. I was more worried about the coven's reaction to finding out I was mated. They weren't exactly pro-vampire.

Douglas walked in the front door. He'd been on the phone. Right away I could see something was wrong.

"What is it?" I asked. Did he not want to go with me now? It was a lot to ask.

"It's uh..." His eyes moved to Aiden, who stiffened in his seat.

He still hadn't eaten and that was more worrying than the coven's reaction. That bite had really effected him even though it hadn't physically hurt him all that bad. I didn't even blame him. After everything that's happened, he could be as upset as he needed, as long as he didn't go back to Jimmy.

Instead of elaborating, Douglas walked to me and offered me his hand. Aiden watched with unblinking eyes as I took it.

They're mated.

My mouth fell open. I saw how Saul's bite had triggered their bond and how Saul had been antsy to talk to Aiden since, but had been staying away because Douglas told him how terrified Aiden was and how he'd keep him safe.

I looked to Aiden and he was instantly so much more anxious. There was no way he knew. He would be flipping out if he knew.

"What?" He asked. "What's wrong?"

I could feel his panic rising, but how did I tell him without making it so much worse? There wasn't a way. He was going to freak, but he had to know.

Saul wouldn't be able to feed on anyone else now. He wasn't just going to go away. This had to be sorted.

"Um..." How to say it? "When...when he bit you..."

"Yeah?" His anxiety was clear in his voice. "What?"

"Um...you're...you're his mate." I said and watched for his reaction.

He blinked at me, swallowed, then looked down at the table. "I'm not." His words were calm and his aura was way too still. It was the kind of stillness that was really from too much panic to process.

"You are." Douglas said.

I squeezed his hand and he looked down at me. I shook my head a little to tell him to leave it. Aiden wasn't in a good place for this.

"I'm not." Aiden insisted a little harder. "I'm not. I can't be. I don't feel anything. You felt things right? I don't so I'm not."

He'd asked me directly. "B-but Aiden...mines different because I'm half angel."

His eyes met mine and I could see it in him that this was too much, but he couldn't argue it. He knew I was right and he knew it was true. A shine glistened over his bright blue eyes. His chest rose a little harder.

"N-no." He breathed. "No. N-n-no. I c-can't. I'm...I can't...t-the odds though...Sis?"

The odds sure were something that Saul and Douglas were so close then mated us both. "Douglas' might not have picked me if I hadn't chose him first." I wasn't sure if that made any sense in this, but it felt like something.

Aiden's head shook back and forth. "No. No. I can't. I won't."

"He's on his way." Douglas said. "He couldn't wait any longer to talk to you. He only wants to talk."