Chapter 6:

**Chapter 6!!!!!**

It was now Friday and the only thing that has been running through my head was what happened with Michael. He didn't come into school yesterday and neither did Luke and Calum, but that's not a surprise. Whenever Michael isn't here, they aren't here. I walked into school, but didn't feel like going to first lesson, because, like I have said a good few times, I'm ahead of everyone else. I decided to go up to the library where it is always really quite and just sat there with my head phones in, listening to Green Day and All Time Low. I can't wait to see them live one day.

-

-

It was now lunch and nothing has happened to me so far today. I haven't seen Michael or his 'gang'. I went over to my table at the back and sat down, not bothering with lunch, just continuing to listen to music. Out of nowhere, during Green Days 'Boulevard of Broken Dreams,' my headphones were ripped out of my ears. I looked up, expecting to see Michael or one of the others, but instead I see Damien, another boy who sometimes beats me up. I saw his friends on the table behind him and they were laughing and giving me dirty looks.

"Hello you little slut. On your own like normal? Must be hard being an outcast and no one likes you. No one ever will, and no one will ever love you. You’re going to die alone. You nerdy little four-eyed freak," he said to me and he grabbed my wrist with the bracelets over and held it with a tight grip, pulling me up, making me stand in front of him. Then next thing I know, I have been pushed down onto the ground, my ribs throbbing again a bit.

Next thing I see is Damien lying next to me. I look up to see what just happened and to my surprise, it was Michael. He was shaking his hand, showing that he just punched him in the face. Michael looks towards me and nods his head, in a gesture to follow him. I slowly stand up and grab my bag, phone and headphones and follow Michael as he starts to walk off. Everyone was looking at us and talking about what the hell happened.

I kept my head down and kept walking when we got outside, Michael carried on walking, but I walked down to my spot by the tree and sat down. I am so confused right now! I don't know what to think.

"Aren't you coming?" I heard Michael ask from above me.

"Why? So you can beat me up in private?" I asked, clearly pissed off at the moment. I found myself not stuttering around him at the moment as well which is good.

I heard him sigh and then he sat down next to me, resting his head against the tree behind him and taking a deep breathe. God he looks hot. Stop! No! I can't think that!

"Michael!" I heard being shouted and I saw it was Luke and Calum walking towards us. Great.

"I thought she was coming back with us?" Calum asked, looking at me.

"Oh, so this was a gang beating?" I asked, in a disgusted tone. "Just when I thought something could change..." I said with a sigh as I got up and walked away with my headphones back in. It was then that I started crying. I'm not sure if they were sad, stressed or angry tears.

I don't even know why I am crying to be honest. It's not like that kiss ever meant anything to him anyways. That was my first kiss and it's annoying that it had to be that jerk.

I started to head down to the skate park that I always go to and just sit there for the rest of the day. I quickly text my mum and told her to not pick me up because I would be walking and she just text back saying okay.

I really hate myself at the moment. The past 2 days have probably been the best for a long, long time and that was only because my dad was back and I was just happy that I am able to see him again. However, today, I just wasn't in the mood for anything. I can't believe I even started to think that maybe, just maybe, Michael could change? Why would he? He gets all the girls he wants when he wants them and everyone knows not to mess with him.

I get to the skate park and go to the furthest tree and sit there. I don't know why, but I always feel comfortable near trees...

As I was listening to my music, all I could think of was Michael and I don't know why...

I faintly heard someone calling my name, so I pulled my headphones out and looked around and saw Luke walking towards me. Seeing him made me more scared, because it kinda meant that Michael was near as well. I scooted back further, so my back was to the tree and held the bag closely to me, to try and use it as some sort of protection.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you and Michael isn't here either," he said, understanding why I was moving and reacting like I was.

"Then why are you here?" I asked him, completely confused.

"Umm... Michael's looking for you. When you walked off he got pissed off with himself and started rambling on about something and then he told me and Calum to go look for you. He's gone looking for you as well. Don't ask me why he wants you, I don't know. I do know, it's not to beat you up though," he explained to me and I just stared at him in shock. Then I decided he must be joking.

"Look, Luke, I can almost guarantee that Michael will beat me up, verbally or physically. It's was he does. It's what you all have been doing to me for 7 years. I know that's all he wants," I told him, while not looking at him.

"Gemma, you don't know him. All you do know is what he can do, like hurting you. You don't him. You need to believe me when I say, he wants to talk to you, not beat you up," he says, looking me directly in my eyes.

"Fine," I breathed out and he instantly got up and pulled his phone out of his pocket and dialled someone.

He soon came back and sat down with me and said, "He’s on his way," and rested his back against the trunk of the tree.

"Luke? How did you become friends with him in the first place? You seem a lot nicer than him. I don't understand why you hang around with him," I told him truthfully.

"To be honest, I don't actually. I think, where I'm one of the youngest in the year and he is one of the oldest, I guess I wanted to try and be friends with him. When I saw him being mean to people when I was a kid, I didn't think it was right but I soon started copying him and then Calum joined and here we are I guess," he explained. Well, I wasn't expecting that.

After about 10 minutes of silence, I saw 2 people running towards me and Luke and when they got closer, I noticed they were Michael and Calum.

"Thank god you're okay," Michael breathed out when he reached me.

I reluctantly stood up when Luke did and when I looked at all three boys, they were all staring at me. I started shifting in my spot, feeling really uncomfortable.

"Are you alright?" I heard Michael ask and nodded yes to him and then it fell into an awkward silence again.

"Umm... Did you want to come back to mine?" Michael asked and that really threw you.

"I'll have to ask..." They stood back and let me call my mum.

"Hello?"

"Hi, mum"

"Oh, hello sweetie! You alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine mum. Is it alright if I go out with a few... friends for a while?" I didn't know what else to call them apart from friends.

"You have friends! Oh my god! Yes! Yes! Go with them! Spend the night! Go have fun!"

"Alright, alright! I don't know about the sleepover part but I’ll call you later okay?"

"Okay dear, be safe!"

Then I hung out. It kinda annoyed me that she didn't ask me anything about these 'friends' but whatever.

Off to Michael's I guess...